Universal OK Golf (Okidokico Entertaiment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I always, well, used to instabuy these cute arcady golf games, love 'em. So thanks for saving me these few little bucks, at this moment.

I'm a bit shocked to read in the first few posts already, that the controls aren't spot on. Really, this couldn't be simpler as in Touch ANYWHERE on screen to pull back to shoot, and drag back to your finger to delete. I also don't like the post about them being jittery. I know exactly how this feels from many other games i played in my long ios past.

My times, where i supported the Devs in advance to give a little motivation, are over. Sorry, a burnt child here. But as soon as i read "controls are top now and not jittery anymore", and with screen orientation, i'll hit the buy button rockhard. No doubt.

Good luck with your good looking release, Devs.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    With this being billed as a relaxing, zen-like experience, I'd argue that camera jitter is the exact opposite of relaxing.

3. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    I did get that one - only one I have. Are the rest of them hidden on courses?

4. rseller1

rseller1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Agreed.

5. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    6 hours of fun today

To any of you who are hesitant to make a purchase because of some critical comments in this thread about this game's control mechanism, all I can say is that I have had 6 hours of enjoyment today since downloading OK Golf, and am looking forward to playing it many more times. It is truly satisfying to pull off a perfect shot that positions you to make a par or birdie, and wonderfully challenging to rotate each hole in order to determine the optimal path to the cup. I've been loving the graphical treatment and the way the developer has reimagined the game of golf for our iPhones and iPads.

6. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, but add me to the list of players who are not. What's worse, the game controls differently on my iPad Mini 2 vs iPhone 7 plus. It's not a performance issue, it's things like, on the iPad, the tutorial pop ups being right where I'm aiming, or constantly cancelling the shot when I pull back my finger too far. I think there's something up with the touch region on iPads, like I'm able to move my finger outside the box defining valid gestures.

On iPhone, on the first hole I can either shoot too short or snap to a power shot that overshoots the hole. Very irritating.

As others have said, I feel like I'm fighting the controls, so I'll just hope the next update is a step in the right direction.

7. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    This does look interesting. Waiting for update.

8. dd666

dd666 Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Australia
    Personally I think the game plays great. I've not got any issue with the controls. So far I'm loving it. Especially the art style.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This game looks intriguing to me as I like the idea of just a basic game of golf without the need to switch clubs etc... im also impressed that it appears to be oma premium game with no IAP...?

While four courses of 9 holes each seems ok I do wish it has more courses... I recognize the developers are on the TA thread and stated additional courses coming and they will be free not IAP which seems great and alleviates any concern I have with this going freemium.

My main hesitation for now is the concern with controls. I have an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro and will wait until I hear about the controls being improved.

Thanks for being premium and likely no online mode necessary as constant on...? As a business traveler I detest online games because flying is the perfect time to play games but online only ruins a game for me!

10. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Really enjoying this.Personally,i don't have much trouble with the controls on my AIR.

It looks lovely,plenty to do as well.Recommended

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm not having huge issues with the controls either - on the Air2 - they're not perfect and could certainly do with a bit of tweaking but so far at least they're not really hampering my enjoyment.

12. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    #3 in paid apps and on front page of store. Intrigued

13. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Preparing Game Review
    looking forward to see whats new
    it has very positive coments among players
    Thnx Publisher for Promo Code btw

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Minor Bug-When I had 14 stars and would replay hole one, (which I had already two starred) if I got one star or two stars again it would increase my total stars to 15 or 16 and say the Desert Course was now open.

Of course the Dersert Course would not be open and remains locked. So just a minor bug where the notification needs to be corrected.

15. OK Golf Short Gameplay

This game is good but I will agree with others saying that the controls is wonky. Its like aiming and moving the camera angle at the same time. You can check my video here, when I'm in par 3 and doing the power shot you'll notice its shaking

16. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Very interesting. Didnt see that secret hole

17. rust404

rust404 New Member

Feb 10, 2017
    The dev mentioned earlier the shaking on a power shot is part of the game, you have to hold it until the shaking calms. I'm liking this little casual time waster so far, however I have the same issue where the shot resets because you've pulled down too far, that needs sorting.

18. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    realy nice game but camera and controls are sometimes harder to set up
    goes in the different ways lots of times
    hope that will change in the future updates

19. Bucusse

Bucusse Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Barcelona
    Pissed i bought this shitty game.

20. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Fun game. Controls don't always cooperate. On some power shots, it's hard to tell if I'm in a tree or where I meant to hit the ball.
    I've been hoping for a new arcady golf game like "lets golf" for my iPhone and iPad. This isn't it, but ok golf is still fun.