Zombie King (A progressive runner game for iOS)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RTAMGames, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTAMGames

RTAMGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Zombie King is done. Like...done done. Like programmed, arted, sounded, and will-be-releasing-on-iPhones-and-iPads-before-Halloween-done. But more on that later...

The basic premise is that you are a king who was exiled and drowned but you came back so you could retake your throne. However you are dead so you have to upgrade yourself back to 100% regibility (aka the ability to be a king).

You do that by running through environments dodging monsters and collecting coins like this:

[​IMG]

But the whole dead thing left you without much strength so you keep dying. But you can buy back just a little bit more energy each time.

[​IMG]

And that makes you just a bit stronger so you can get just a bit further like this:

[​IMG]

Besides energy there are a ton more abilities you can buy like armor, spike-walking-boots, double jump etc but I will show you those more in the coming weeks.

You may have seen this game before because it used to be called “Dead King.” But that way the words rolled off my tongue (and everyone one else I made repeat it in variations of volume, cadence, and accents) convinced me to rename it Zombie King. The original thread is here: Dead King

The whole game is done I am just waiting on final approvals from Apple. I will be posting more details about it here or you can join my mailing list where I give even more detail and alert you when my other games go on discount and even a free game to boot.
    MAILING LIST SIGNUP

2. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Price

Oh also because everyone always asks... it will be a one time paid game (probably $1.99). You can spend some real-life-money for some more in-game-gold if you are some rich guy who is like "I dont have time for this. Chris, here is some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for your troubles go buy something for your kid"

3. mallouk

mallouk Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Is this endless running game?

4. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    It is kinda an endless running game. You auto run and tap to jump. But there are distinct levels. So not entirely "endless"

5. Abbott1

Abbott1 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Charming!

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Perfect, sounds amazing. Definitely will be checking this out. Question, is this free with an IAP for premium unlock or is this a paid game with IAP? Was confused with the description above.

Always looking to support premium games.

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    You had me at premium

8. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Premium app (1.99 USD). You can buy coin packs with real money but in no way necessary to enjoy the game.

9. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Is this coming out tonight?

10. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Not worldwide (US). However... a secret bird said that if you live in Ireland, Australia, Netherlands, New Zealand, and Thailand you can download a pre-release version for free. But don't tell anyone (unless they live in those countries)

11. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
  12. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015

13. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer