Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile confirmed by Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 clever_bug, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Joystiq has reported that a mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us has been confirmed at GDC 2013.

[​IMG]

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/26/injustice-gods-among-us-mobile-app-revealed-at-gdc/

It is noted that the paragraph was edited. This is the original paragraph.

However, I spotted the possibility of a mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us before that. Let's take a look at the following evidences (which were posted by me on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown's thread). We also can see a mobile version of the next Batman Arkham as well! :)

- Firstly, please read this resume. It is the resume of an 3D artist who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

--> This means that NetherRealm Studios is developing two unannounced iOS games. The artist, who worked on Injustice: Gods Among Us, also worked on these iOS games. As such, one of these iOS games must be an Injustice: Gods Among Us-related game. Next, he is responsible for "reducing and creating low poly assets as well as fixing LightMap uv's for efficiency". As such, it must be a port of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

- Secondly, please read this resume. It is the resume of another 3D artist who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

--> He "converted multiple environments from console to mobile in UDK". As we know, NetherRealm Studios is working on Injustice: Gods Among Us and the next game in Batman Arkham series. As such, it must be a port of Injustice: Gods Among Us, or a port of the next Batman Arkham. However, in view of the fact that Batman: Arkham City Lockdown on iOS was only a spin-off of Batman: Arkham City, not a port, the iOS game based on the next Batman Arkham game must also be a spin-off, not a port.

- Finally, please read this resume. It is the resume of a designer who is working for NetherRealm Studios.

Sorry, it has been deleted. However, he says that one of NetherRealm's mobile titles features "runner-style minigames" supplementing some form of campaign mode. So, it must be a spin-off of the next Batman Arkham game, because both Injustice: Gods Among Us and the next Batman Arkham game will never have minigames like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: More details about Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile - as reported by Digital Spy

[​IMG]

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a468717/injustice-gods-among-us-mobile-game-announced.html

So it is a port, not a spin-off. However, it is not a straight port! :)

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    ^^^ HAAHA! You can officially say I told you so!:D
    Great call mate.

Good timing as well because I emailed Nether Realm today to request iCade support for this and for it to be forwarded to WB Interactive. See how we go.

For anyone who just refuses to think about positives in FTP models there is not much to get excited about here. On the formation of the Warner Bros Interactive studio they stated that they are concentrating on FTP mobile.

I for one am amped!!!

3. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    The representative of Warner Bros. said we should learn more shortly. As such, they may officially announce the game at E3 2013 in June, I think. :cool:

4. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Indeed, they may! :D
    I'll keep this thread in mind but for now Im going to focus on XCOM. :)

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Slightly egotistical, but good call nonetheless. I wasn't sure you'd be right this time.

6. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    I am even not sure! :) However, an Injustice: Gods Among Us-related game is coming to iOS, it is the truth and has been officially confirmed. Whatever it is, a port or just a spin-off, is not important, I think! :D

7. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    It's just going to be another infinity blade style game I bet... Just like the batman one...

8. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #8 clever_bug, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    UPDATE: More details about Injustice: Gods Among Us for mobile - as reported by Digital Spy

[​IMG]

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a468717/injustice-gods-among-us-mobile-game-announced.html

So it is a port, not a spin-off. However, it is not a straight port! :)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fact is, we need some more DC characters on iOS.

10. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City is a 3D action / adventure game which is quite difficult to port to iOS, so they made a spin-off and Infinity Blade style was a perfect choice, I think. However, Injustice: Gods Among Us on console is a fighting game. We have a lot of fighting games on iOS. So I hope the iOS version is also a fighting game like the console version or Mortal Kombat. :cool:

11. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    It's great to have some official confirmation. At least it sort of put my fears of this being a spin-off, or worse, a companion app, to rest.
    It'd be great to see something of this. Some screenshots, or even a trailer. Hopefully we'll get to some of these tidbits soon. So excited!

12. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
  13. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
  14. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Guys ALL games originating from Warner Bros Interactive are gonna be FTP. That's the model they're sticking to for now

15. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    The thing is, I don't mind Free2Play for itself. That's a model that can be used in a profitable way to the devs all while respecting the customer (I'm not even averse to buying some IAPs to show support to a good developer). My only problem with it is when the game forces me to buy and keep buying IAPs in order to progress.
    If the IAPs focus on unlockable characters/costumes or some such, I'll gladly pay for them (just like I bought every costume in Arkham Asylum Lockdown). Hopefully the final product will prove itself good enough to merit such an expense (and I'm rather confident it will be: Arkham Asylum Lockdown was an excellent first venture into the iOS gaming field).

16. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I agree. I'm a sucker for cosmetic IAPs. I usually grab different costumes in fighting games or super hero stuff. It's just a matter of devs handling respect and gamers managing expectatations:)

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. Reason why i have spent so much on League of Legends... And still havent completed them all.

18. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Yay a crappy fighting game on a touchscreen device. I call playing as Batman!

19. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Ah, I call Green Arrow

20. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!