Announcing Joe Danger Infinity!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HelloSean, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloSean

HelloSean Member

Jul 5, 2012
    #1 HelloSean, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Hello from Hello Games!

So a while back I posted here about us being nearly finished making a brand new game. What with one thing and another, it’s taken a bit longer than we thought :D

So anyway, the game is called Joe Danger Infinity! Yep, it’s a completely new Joe Danger game :D

Here’s what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Stevie and I are really proud of Joe Danger Touch, which we released nearly a year ago (this is completely crazy). It’s been downloaded lots, which is great, and a lot of people have told us that they feel it’s the best ever Joe Danger. That makes me feel kind of funny because the console games are super dear to me, but it also makes me feel good that we made something that feels so at home on iOS :)

Anyway, we didn’t actually plan on making a whole new game. Infinity was meant to be an update to JDT. But it got out of control. I guess Stevie always felt we had some unfinished business on iOS. It felt that Joe Danger Touch was something that had already existed on console, and he wanted us to do something totally new, just for iOS – where so so many people were enjoying it.

So we went back and tried making a Joe Danger that’s completely fresh and new.

The main thing about Infinity is that it’s huge. It’s double the size of JDT and the biggest Joe Danger game we’ve made and we’re going to be adding more and more to it.

There’s a story, too! There’s this magic gumball machine (called King Gumball) and all the toys in his gumballs come alive. Just one of them is Joe Danger, so you don’t only play as him but a whole host of toys, pulling stunts and wheelies across kitchen tops and games rooms.

It’s like we’ve gone full circle to back when we were coming up with the idea for the original Joe Danger, just playing with a little toy Evel Knievel stunt cycle.

Joe Danger Infinity also features around twenty new vehicles. There’s cars, airplanes, even a tank and a runaway firework! It’s really silly and super fun :)

Finally, we’ve made it more competitive than ever before. There’s a huge focus on scoring, plus also comparing how far you and your friends can get through it!

So that’s me done at last. Please ask me questions you have - I’ll be here for a while, nervously waiting to see what you think… :D

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sounds incredible! I thought this might just be an endless version of JD but this sounds amazing!

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#3 Bronxsta, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Not to be that guy, but this should probably be moved to the Upcoming section.

Anyway, the game looks and sounds great, can't wait to play it

Edit: wait, Hello Games is making No Man's Sky, right? Huge congrats for working my most anticipated release of 2014 as well

4. HelloSean

HelloSean Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ah, oh my! Sorry! Please do move if it's in the wrong place!

5. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I'm nearing 100% completion of Joe Danger and The Movie on the 360, I finished up the PS3 version and I'm getting through the iOS one slowly too. I don't think I'd be overstating it to say that I would kill to get a new one (I wouldn't kill anyone we'd miss, don't worry)

There's really only one question for me - When??

Oh and congrats on producing one of the finest games on iOS and consoles!

6. HelloSean

HelloSean Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks so much, PeteOzzy! It's coming real soon - I'm afraid we haven't quite locked down the exact date but it's within a month!

Pls don't kill anyone though :(

7. Bronxsta

Fixed :D

Like seriously, check out No Man's Sky and then realize it's made by only four guys. That kind of ambition is why indie games are so inspiring and awesome

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Cheers for the fix haha!

Just watched a trailer for it with my mouth open and then saw the spaceship and was thinking "Please tell me you can get in it" and they did, as soon as they flew into space with it I just about died. Thanks for that, that was something special!

OT: Check your site earlier Bronxsta and you've inspired me to get a PC and try out pretty much every indie game you mention - I feel like I've been missing out on a whole world!

Back on topic: Are we looking at a premium release for Infinity? I have no problem with freemium if it's handled correctly and I trust you guys to do that but I know many others get antsy with it.
    Glad to hear about the increased competitiveness, now I just need to find people to have trounce my scores!

9. Bronxsta

Also, off topic, but you're in luck because Steam is starting its huge Christmas sale at 1pm Est so a lot of those indies will be up 50%-85% off

Okay, no more thread derailments, Joe Danger was fantastic on PS3, still haven't played the IOS version, so I can't wait for Infinity.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Is it only featuring endless levels or are there "classic" levels as well that you can actually finish? From what i've gathered from the various reports all over the internet it seems like it's the former so I'd like some clarification on that if possible.

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I knew it, that's Joe Danger behind the wheel :p

[​IMG]

Congratulations both to you guys on JD Infinity and to Hello Games for NMS

Seeing how NMS has procedurally generated environment and you named your game Infinity - Am I wrong to assume we might see a level in your game with red grass, blue trees and green clouds? :)

All I'm saying it would be cool and fun to have that

Looking forward to both games

12. JuanG12

JuanG12 Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Texas
    I bought Joe Danger and thought it was pretty fun, I'm looking forward to this!

13. YAY! Joe Danger is such an amazing game and it's awesome to see a new version of it :)

14. WilliamLondon

WilliamLondon Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Super thrilled about this, I just love Joe Danger on iOS. I bought it when it was first released on the PS3, played it a bit, enjoyed it but never really got into it until it was released on iOS, and I have to say, it's one of the best games of the past year. The way the touch interface was implemented was truly remarkable and probably one of the big reasons the game is so easy to play and so damned enjoyable.

Really looking forward to the new game, keep up the great work!

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I hope all you guys at Hello Games are doing ok ):

16. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Won't the flood slow you down? I hope not, i really want you to finish this game faster and work harder on NMS :)

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah because we only care about the games, not the people's lives at risk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012