Universal Super Hyper Ball 2 by Neonchimp (Looking for beta testers!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by neonchimp, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neonchimp

neonchimp Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    #1 neonchimp, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Hi good people of Touch Arcade!
    After the release of Spiral Splatter, I have been working a new game, the sequel to Super Hyper Ball 2!

Trailer:

If you haven't played the first game, Super Hyper Ball 2 is hyperactive cocktail between classic ball games like pinball, breakout and pong, fit in a retro style.

So what is new in this title?

- Completely new playfield with a lot more pinball elements, like flippers, a rails, more bonus triggers and a ball lock mechanism.
    - Much more dynamic gameplay in Story Mode. You can now choose which letter you want to collect first.
    - 2 new game modes: Endless Bricks & Boss Mode.
    - Unlockable Balls. (each ball has its own physics/speed etc)
    - Lots of new powerups.
    - You can now upgrade your powerups!

And lots more!

You can read a bit more information in the announcement post.

Super Hyper Ball 2 will be released on the 12th of January and will be published by Appsolute Games.

Screenshots & Gifs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rock Soft

Rock Soft Member

Oct 10, 2012
    California
    This game looks great. Love the attention to detail and boss battles in a game of pinball. Nice

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yea I'm signed up. I was an early adopter of the first one. I loved it. I still love it what am I saying!

Beta sign up filled out. Let's do this!

Billy

4. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    Beta invites have been send out!

The beta invites have been sent out!
    If you are interested in the testing the game but haven't signed up yet, you can still do so at the following link: http://www.neonchimp.com/beta/

Some notes for the beta:

• If you have an older device, you can try turning off recording in the settings to improve the performance of the game.
    • You can also change the paddle sensitivity in the settings.
    • There will be 7 bosses in the final game, but there are only 4 available in the beta at this point.
    • Sound Effects are still a WIP. Some events currently have no sound effects.
    • Ads & IAP's are disabled in the beta.
    • Everything else should be fully working and playable!

I'm still tweaking all the numbers, so if you feel like the balls are going to fast or slow, the powerups cost too much coins, or progression is too slow, then let me know!

Time to crack some skulls!

[​IMG]

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    You've got two best selling points to hit my interest on this very intriguing looking game, Pinball and Brick Breaker.
    Holy brick, look at this skull boss (i guess) shooting lasers out of his eyes. Beautiful stuff.

*first cough*
    Now i'm simply wondering why i can't remember any of your original game. After a redownload i know again why i quit so fast. The default (incredibly) little ball went too hard on my eyes (iphone 5s), and the proportion to the playfield (well, everything) didn't fit and felt wrong. Only imho.

I'm very glad to see a bigger ball AND flippers. Involving pinball skills, and more active gameplay overall, makes the exact huge difference to possibly head over to your Beta site.

*second cough*
    You hopefully have a new music theme, right?
    (the trailer plays the original)

6. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, the original game was ok, but it had a lot of flaws. I thought I could do better, so I made a new one!
    I agree that the playfield was a bit out of proportion if I look back on it. The new playfield is visually more coherent, and the gameplay is a lot more dynamic which makes the game more fun.

I re-used a lot of the sounds/music from the original in the beta, so I could get it out and get some feedback on the new design/gameplay. But I plan on updating the sound effects as well. (including a new music theme!)

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Description:

Do you have the balls to enter the arena?

I literally loled when I read this lol. My girlfriend is like well I'm glad you can amuse yourself. I'm like you just wouldn't understand.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #8 LordShad0wz, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    I'm playing.

Holy SH*T this game is fun and intense. Way way way way way wway way way better than the first. I LOVE how you have the controls. It adds to the intensity. Having to move your fingers quickly to the flipper then quickly back down to the paddle.

Seriously. Amazing job dev. I'm going back to the game now. I'll try to find something negative to say as I play more I promise. Lol

I can't believe how much you've expanded on the first game. Seriously well done. People really are going to love his game.

Thank you for letting me be part of this beta. I really love your work. I haven't had any crashes or lag yet. I just updated my OS thismorning too. I'm running iOS 9.2.2

Billy

9. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, the game is a lot more intense, it can get even more crazy when you have both the mirror paddle, and the speedup powerup activated.

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This looks crazy slick. The beta sign up link isn't currently loading on my browser at the moment. But I'll try again in a bit. :)

11. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Yeah the beta link isn't working for me either...really want to play this!

12. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    Hmm, that's strange. Does this link work for you guys: http://goo.gl/forms/seOfk6UXNN ?
    If it doesn't work you can also pm me your apple id, and I will send you a testflight invite.

13. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Yay, it worked! Looking forward to trying it out!

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game rules.
    I love the multiple paddle control options.
    So far running smoothly, great mode options too!

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I love the gameplay in this. I can't say it enough. One thing this game does is make you want to keep playing.

Also you did the IAP right. It's fair and fair priced. I can tell you right off the top I'm purchasing the coin doubler IAP as well as the Super Hyperball. I also might purchase the xp IAP although I'm unsure about this. If I do it would be purely to give you money. Lol. Normally I like to play for leveling and such. But the coin doubler and the super Hyperball together is only $3. That's too little for this much entertainment.

I love how you have the prize grabber machine for the balls. That's a perfect touch that everyone loves in games.

People really are going to love this game. You need more balls in the shop though for sure. I can tell you I've already earned most of them in less than 24 hours.

Billy

16. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    Good to hear! Yes, more balls are definitely coming. Which one is your favourite so far?
    Also, how many missions have you completed, and have you already tried the new game modes? (Like Boss Mode)

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #17 LordShad0wz, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    The super Hyperball is my favorite. I'm purchasing it outright when the game is released. As well as that atom ball. I really like that one too. I've only been concentrating on story mode. I will start the other modes later today.

Also something that needs to be addressed. When the ball is inside the archway. The archway that arcs across the entire top of the entire game field. The color of the ball needs to be brightened with a light or something so I can see where it is. I completely lose the ball and it comes blasting out and I lose it.

Billy

18. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Ohhh this looks so good.

19. neonchimp

Aug 25, 2015
    Freelance Designer
    The Netherlands
    There is an indicator on the rails that will show you on which side the ball will exit. The ball will always shoot out towards the center bottom of the playfield, so you just have to focus on the rails.

[​IMG]

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    "Thinking of the Devil" (respectfully)

Lol, i immediately thought of you*, if you also could trigger your mighty music/sfx tricks for this game.

*The Dev's answer in post #6...
    I re-used a lot of the sounds/music from the original in the beta, so I could get it out and get some feedback on the new design/gameplay. But I plan on updating the sound effects as well. (including a new music theme!)