Looking for beta testers...

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ATFinke, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ATFinke

ATFinke Active Member

Aug 6, 2012
  2. ATFinke

ATFinke Active Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Thanks!

Thanks to all who registered, hope your enjoying the game, but their is still room for more people!

3. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Just registered, have I got time?

4. RizzleNYC

RizzleNYC Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Indie Game Marketing
    NYC
    Just submitted to TestFlight as well - ready to BETA TEST BABY.

5. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Submitted on test flight :) I love platform games

6. VanderLegion

VanderLegion Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Personally not a fan of the badges. If they were made optional I would have no problem with them remaining for other people who want them, but I prefer to only have badges on apps that are awaiting my attention (async games for my turn, etc).

I would modify the two jumps to be two jumps from a platform, or one if you fall off without jumping. That's how double jumps in most games work, if you make the first jump from the ground, you get a second jump in the air. If you fall from something, you get a single jump in the air (so basically, you get 1 jump in the air and can jump from the ground without it counting against the air jump).

Currently, if you hit a platform from the side, or from the bottom with enough force, it slows you down a bit (if you hit from the bottom) and slides you the rest of the way up to the top. If you hit from the bottom near the top of your jump, it just stops you, but it still resets your jump counter. Unless there's a specific reason it works the way it does currently, I would make the platforms so they don't affect movement from the bottom or side, so if you hit a platform from the side you just go through it and keep falling, if you go from the bottom with enough distance left on your jump you'll go through and fall back down onto it, otherwise you'll just kind of arc through it. I would then make it so the jump counter only resets if you land on a platform from above. The current state for hitting from below especially can be confusing (sometimes getting slid up to the top of the platform, sometimes stopping).

7. ATFinke

ATFinke Active Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #7 ATFinke, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Thanks!

I have removed the badges from the next update. I appreciate all of your feedback, and am currently rethinking how jumping should work. no spots left

8. ATFinke

ATFinke Active Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #8 ATFinke, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    no spots left

9. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    will be the new update be coming soon? :D

10. wilflare