Anyone else annoyed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chapperz :D, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    well... this is because i want lots of games but in the end i don't buy any because i end up telling myself not to because I might not have enough money for livefire/killtest/whatever it's called. example. i have £15 in my itunes. and i want to buy real tennis but if i do i might not have enough money to buy the 3.0 update and ngmoco:)'s FPS. so in the end, i buy nothing.
    rant finished.
    any of you annoyed for similar reasons or have a rant or something?

2. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    student :P
    east coast.... somewhere
    So you're annoyed because you CAN'T spend any money?

But I still know what you mean. I have a list of like 10 games or so I want to get but can't because I'm waiting for something else. Usually I just buy a cheap game or some music to tide myself over. :)

3. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Are you f****** serious?

4. Meh. It's like holding off to buy the latest gadget: There's always a "latest gadget." If you keep holding off you'll never get it. I just buy what really interests me when I come across it and worry about other stuff when it turns up. I keep a want list for that reason, and when I can buy more, I do. No point getting worked up over it because the feeling is never going to go away, so just chill and get what you want when you want it, and worry about the other stuff then.

5. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    I find that getting drunk overcomes any barriers I have.

6. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I actually like this. It keeps me from getting too many games.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Over the past week of getting the iPhone and buying a bunch of apps, and getting lots of free apps, I am finding this is GREAT! I used to wait for a reasonable console game - spend the $50 or $60 only to find after a short time that I don't really like it, or it is really just a couple hour game.

Not trying to compare too much, but you can buy LOTS of apps for the cost of 1 console game, and probably have a lot more enjoyment because you have so many varied experiences. Especially when there are multiplayer, achievements, chat, etc. Not the same graphics, or screen size, or audio - and the controls are limited, but all in all, I have no problems buying a $0.99 app - I mean a new app every day of the month will cost you less than 1 console game... even for most of the DS games too...
    (Although DS has a lot better battery life....)
    Buy your games - be happy -

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I, as a teen, can't blow any and all money on the AppStore, which is when iTunes card come in very handy. Everytime I get one, I get a couple of games I've had my eyes on for a while, and get a few other games over a course of a couple weeks 'til I'm out (I usually rent a movie and get some music along the way). The wait actually makes you appreciate the wait more and take care of my spending. I don't get angry over not being able to get games, I appreciate it.

9. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    I agree with u!!!

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Do some research, read reviews. Join the bandwagon...make a better choice that way...

11. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    hahha i agree with getting a yob

speaking of yobs

i need one :)

12. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i do wish they would release it already. I've been looking forward to it since i got my iDevice.

13. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

+1...cheers!

14. iloverightangles111

iloverightangles111 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    get real tennis, and then when killtest comes out, wait 2 weeks for the price to drop by half, like all ngmoco games (I'm not joking)

15. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    If I really want a game it'll be bought quickly.
    If I m not sure I put it into pandorabox as a reminder. That becomes the 'maybe' list. It's there more as a reminder than to watch for a price drop.

Pointless getting mad - if it was that good you would have bought it by now. Just keep a list.

16. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    It seems that you could just get more money. Solution right there. Another would be just wait for/buy the one you want more.

17. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    In my opinion there a very few games worth buying. I bought 16 games total and I regret buying 7 of them... Depressing.

18. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    To be honest, I am reaching the light at the end of app store tunnel. My lust to buy games is slowly disappearing. I guess the novelty is wearing off finally. I hadn't played games for years, and the app store has been a great place for me to experiment and find out what kind of gamer I really am. There have been some real finds, and more often than not some real duds, but now I feel I have purged myself of this addiction, thankfully as my credit card has been suffering...

I now know that if it doesn't really grab me from the start, the likelihood is I will play for a few minutes and bin it.

19. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

that measn you make bad decisions because i could name about 30 games that are brilliant that i own and more that i want.

20. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    How many do you have?