Universal Legends of Yore (by Coke and Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, May 3, 2011.

1. kevglass

kevglass Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    There seem to be issue with older devices again, though I tested on an iPod 2G - not sure how it got this far through apple and all - but I'll fix it asap.

Kev

2. e_sweezy

e_sweezy Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have OS 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4 and am having the app shut down completely upon trying to enter the second level of one dungeon. It's the dungeon in the town far west on the map through the shop. First level plays fine, as soon as I hit the stairwell it shuts the app down.
    Hopefully a quick fix as I love this game, sir.

3. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Thanks for letting me know!

I've resolve that issue and the memory issue (I hope, have tripple checked on my iPod 2G). The new version is submitted and waiting for review by apple.

The beta version is up on the website for anyone who wants to try the beta-porfile, just let me know.

Kev

4. -ozh-

-ozh- Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    same problem here, the dungeon in the desert town to the west shuts down as soon as you go in it

5. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    This game is awesome. I'm really surprised it isn't garnering much more attention here. It is a roguelike distilled to it's core simplicity with great control, quests, dungeons and none of the bs I've found in many other roguelikes. Also, it has regular updates adding onto it's content. AND it's free!

6. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Thanks! :)

Should add it's free "for now". Soon they'll be an in-app purchase when you pass level 20 to let you play normally. If you don't choose to buy the upgrade you can carry on, it's just slower.

Kev

7. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    Can you release a pay for, fully unlocked version for those who are not that fond of iaps to unlock the full game?

8. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Sure, I'll try that. I'm a little worried about maintaining two products through apple process but I'm sure it can be worked out.

I've just been asked to do the same for Android actually, so it's only logical :)

Kev

9. AENIGMA

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    great, 1st day purchase for me, love this game!

10. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hooray! I'm all for avoiding IAP whenever possible. Also, I never mentioned how great the iPad interface is since you upgraded to a Universal release. So nice being able to see more of the map and the retro graphics still look great.

11. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    New version has just been approved for the appstore so it should be floating out to everyone as soon as possible.

There's some new areas, monsters, items and a whole host of fixed. The IAP is in, I'll try and sort out the non-IAP release with the next update. Not quite sure how hard it'll be so please bare with me.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Kev

PS. The forums for the game are getting quite active over at http://www.legendsofyore.com/forum

12. AENIGMA

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    The 570 (1.593.593) update is now available :)

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Been waiting for this. Downloading now.

14. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Just uploaded the new version. There's a mass of new enemies and locations coming. In addition I've added the pre-pair version for those who don't want to do IAP.

There's also a fix for 3.1.3 devices in the next release.

Cheers,

Kev

15. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    I bought the IaP, but I would have preferred a stand alone purchaseable version if I knew one was coming out.

Update looks good, great work!

Rixx

16. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    #76 Simon Potticary, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    Hey Kev and fellow Touch Arcaders!

I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this uber-cute, retro roguelike. Love the gorgeous pixel graphics, breath-of-fresh-air simplicity, and even the 'tap to move' control mechanic (not a fan of the arrows)!

Now please forgive my seemingly epic proportions of ignorance here (only started playing today), but could someone please let me know what the IAP actually actually does/unlocks? I'm VERY happy to support indie iOS developers - particularly those who genuinely care about their gamers ASWELL AS their game!

Very early doors so far (I'm barely an hour or so in), but I'm properly looking forward to wringing every last drop of enjoyment out of this very pretty mini-epic!

17. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Hey Simon,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Up until level 20 in the game you can play entirely free. After level 20 you get reduced experience and gold drops unless you upgrade (via the IAP). There's a lot of content before level 20 but theres even more after level 20, like the advance classes at level 50.

I'm hoping the pricing is just about right at the moment for the amount of content.

There's also a prepaid non-IAP version coming so if you don't like IAP then theres an option for you.

Thanks for getting in touch! :)

Kev

18. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    #78 bluewomble88, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    How does this compare to the brilliant Sword of Fargoal?
    Are the dungeons randomly generated each time you play?

19. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Hey Kev, and thanks for the explanation!

That's great news. I don't know why, but I always vastly prefer paid iOS games and tend to avoid freemiums and the such like with IAP's. Can't put my finger on it, but it's just a preference. I'll sure pick up the paid version as soon as it hits the UK App Store.

Are there any plans to make the game icon support Retina Display? It just looks a little washed out when sitting next to the other games in my RPG folder. Fussy, I know!

All the best Kev, and I wish you every success with your brilliant game. I think it's the epitome of the term mini-epic.

Cheers, Simon

20. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I'll probably buy the full version rather than unlock through an IAP too.

Loving this little gem more and more as I play. Hope to see more from you in the future, Kev. :)