iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2661 undeadcow, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    No further expansions; I'm trying to keep that threat in General Games up to date if for nothing other than my own reference.

Great news!

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hey Cat, any word on that Chinese myth-themed expansion?

3. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    #2663 roorooroo, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    Looking forward to Mithril 2..thanks for confirming it's still being tested Catacomber.
    Wish there were more Dungeon Master kinds of game around.

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    It's been a long time I played this.. but will there ever be an Ipad version?
    The 2x zoom, is plain ugly :(

5. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    So what's the difference between The Quest, The Quest Gold and all the other ones? Thanks. (Trying out the lite version now. If I like it, I will consider buying depending on what people tell me :])

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The Quest is the original game. Gold is same plus some expansions. The rest are all various other expansions.

7. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    That will come after Celtic Queen---which is Celtic Rift II. We're currently trying to get HordeII finished and I'm putting in Celtic Queen. It's a really nice world, imho, and you get to hunt boar. : ) But of course, there are boar pits that will trip you up and if a boar falls on you while you're in such a pit, well, hope you have a strong weapon or spell! : )

8. Jamie990

Jamie990 New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Boar pits, now that sounds interesting looking forward to seeing that monster. :)

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    We have a great new spider too. : ) Horde II should be out soon and then Celtic Queen. : ) Check Phredd's Souk in Horde II to buy or sell things you need or need to get rid of. He's the best thing since Dollar Stores.

Check Ebbi in Celtic Queen to get rid of quests you have given up on and clear your quest screen.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    You know I play the latest rpg games on iphone and I challenge anyone to let me know which one delivers more challenge than the Quest. : ) I'm working through one now painfully--the graphics are great--but the quests are so trivial---I'm immersed in looking at the gorgeous trees but I haven't done anything really worthy of a true hero. : ) Just saying. : )

11. Jamie990

Jamie990 New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Yeah so many are just like save our village or something, ravensword for example please take this bow and clear my field of bee hives ok I am such an epic hero!

But yeah The Quest truly is unique but I think it is the developers of the past years who has taken it to a different level. I can't beleive I defeated the deathless himself!

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    HordeII expansion should be out soon! And for the first time, we wrote down all the details you need to finish all the quests and added some guides in a separate app called HordeII FAQ also hopefully coming soon on iphone/ipod touch. :) The HordeIIFAQ will have spoilers but you only need to click on the topic you need help with. Then when you've finished the game, you can go back and read all the quest info to see where you might have missed something. : )

13. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Awesome! That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted!

I really love The Quest and all it's expansions, but sometimes it seems they're too puzzling in places, so having a FAQ I'm able to download with it is just the cat's pajamas for me.

Eagerly awaiting the release of Horde II for sure!

14. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Also eagerly awaiting Horde II and new FAQ! Hoping they're released some time this week! :)

15. Bob Albright

Bob Albright Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Quest

this game has been out for a while---surprised to see that it is being offered as something new--have played it---it's ok---graphics are so -so

16. ReddestDream

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    It's a new expansion that is coming soon (Mithril Horde II). That's really where the depth of the game is - in its expansions! :)

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Any idea whats in the update besides the obivious new quests and such?

18. ReddestDream

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
  19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    As Reddest Dream points out elsewhere HordeII for the Quest should be out hopefully the early part of next week and our FAQ was released today:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hordeiifaq/id492108317?mt=8

We hope you enjoy it. We welcome your comments as we will do more. Someone already asked for a list of new items in each expansion. : )

20. ReddestDream

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Thanks!

Thanks, Catacomber! :)

Here's a link to my discussion with Elendil about the delay: Link

Also, fans of The Quest on iOS, please support Catacomber and Zarista games by picking up the Mithril Horde II FAQ for $0.99 once the game is on the App Store! They spent a lot of time on it, the layout is excellent, and they need the feedback!