Recommended ways to promote a "not-so-hot" app for FREE

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by windrider07, Aug 30, 2012.

1. windrider07

windrider07 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    How would you promote a not-so-hot app with no budget?

What's so cool about the app? It's free....ok, that's cliche...there's a lot of apps that are free. It is also one of the very FEW apps that is BOTH free and has MORE games within one app than any of the top 10 apps in its category. Solitaire* is in the top 50 in US, EU, Japan, and China. It is free with 36 games, more games than most of the apps in the top 20 in the app store. Problem is, the big app review sites won't review the app because it's not unique, original, or hot. It's just a Solitaire game. My goal at the moment is to aim for the small blog/review sites and social networking sites. What do you guys suggest?

2. M.O.

M.O. Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I would say try to differentiate you game in some way. Its going to be hard to get people to go after your app if its basically the same as the pile of other clones out there. Maybe call it ninja solitary, the more games you win your ninja gets closer to escaping from a jail. something like that

3. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

I would agree to your goal of aiming first for the smaller blog/app review sites. Hopefully, once they review your app, the interest would pick up.