iPhone Qwak HD (super-playable coin-op style action)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mr Qwak, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    #1 Mr Qwak, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #2 slewis7, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Great! Several folks had mentioned this game here in the forums as one of their all time IOS favorites, so it has been on my radar for the iPad version. Somehow, I missed it back in my Amiga days.

Ok, so what exactly is "super playable"? ;-)

3. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Oh that's great! (that people are talking about it). I'm thinking it should play better than the iPhone version as you get to see the whole screen (on the iPhone version, it kinda scrolls).

It has a two player mode too, you just need a couple of iPhones / iPod touches...

4. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
  5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This is challenging, colorful and a lot of fun. The controls are configurable and I am using the default settings. They seem very responsive, but of course the game is very chaotic.

Just a few quibbles for me. Perhaps not a fault, but the game doesn't have a level select that I can tell. It looks like you play contuously until younrun out of lives. Also, it always takes me a few second to locate Qwak's initial position in the play field, even though the game tries to highlight it. However, there is a lot to take in.

There are very few folks listed in Game Center so far. This game deserves better then that, but as usual, there are quite a few interesting releases this week. I hope Qwak is not lost in the shuffle.

6. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Game downloaded :) Will do a video or 2 on it.

7. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Just watched your video on YouTube! How did you find it? Did you manage to get to the Arctic level?

8. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I found it interesting :) I love these kind of games!

I did not get to the Arctic level but I plan to do a extended playthrough on my youtube channel.