GeoSpin [To be released 11-Jan-2011]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lazrhog, Jan 8, 2011.

1. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    My new game GeoSpin will be released on Tuesday 11-Jan-2011

GeoSpin is a fast, intuitive, tactile, and incredibly original puzzle game. It is unlike any other you will have played. It's easy to learn, but can you master the strategies necessary to be the fastest, or last the longest on the progressively complex levels.

You control the orientation of the Geo Shape in 3D, and must grab the surrounding colored shapes to slot into their correct places. Sounds easy, but the gameplay has been honed by extensive testing to be incredibly addictive.

Race against the clock in Score Attack, as the game starts off giving you a generous amount of time to complete each Geo Shape, but will require that you complete time bonuses on later levels to continue.

In Time Attack, set your best time for each level with 3 difficulties per level. Race against your OpenFeint friends' times, shown each game, and see your worldwide ranking, per level, in-game !

Features:
    ★ 33 Time Attack Levels
    ★ Achieve Bronze, Silver and Gold medal awards on each level
    ★ Addictive Score Attack game
    ★ Worldwide high score tables/achievements (OpenFeint)
    ★ High level of seamless OpenFeint integration
    ★ Super smooth combination of 3D and 2D graphics
    ★ High resolution Retina Display on supported devices
    ★ Manic, addictive, smooth 60fps gameplay
    ★ Fantastic music from http://www.partnersinrhyme.com

Proudly made in the UK

Limited promo codes will be available on Tuesday, so keep an eye out :)

Oh, and to celebrate GeoSpins release, I have updated my previous release, iPlutoid to have retina display graphics, and it will be going FREE on Tuesday !

2. VortexGamesInc

VortexGamesInc Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    This is pretty cool! Very unique, congrats!

3. Fylon

Fylon Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Wow.. The gameplay looks cool! Looking forward for the release!

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Few comments from a beta tester. It is a fun game and it has nice hard levels for hard core players and simpler ones for casual games. Sessions are short, thus perfect also for filling a little time gap.
    It works well also on iPad! I mean I only have an ipad to test ;-)

5. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    For those that dont know my previous game iPlutoid, I have made another quick video that shows it a bit better than the current video. This is it running in Retina mode, filmed using another iPhone 4, so sorry for the colors/brightness messing up every now and again

iPlutoid will be FREE from the 11th Jan 2011 to celebrate the release of GeoSpin - so effectively 2 games for the price of one :)

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Looks like a great casual game to play.

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This probably would be better on the iPad (more space).

8. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    There are some benefits with GeoSpin on the iPhone - shorter distance to cover, but the larger area of the iPad is definitely nice. I ended up playing it on both, actually, during beta testing. It is a solid (and fairly quick to play) pick up & play game, with a bunch of different geometric shapes in 3 difficulty levels. I found myself thinking "I can do it faster than that" a number of times and ended up playing it again and again, though I was never quite as fast as others ;-). Fun game.