Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    3 tries, 3 14 hour fails.

2. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
  3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3723 eugekava, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    I spent almost all my gems rushing through failures. Finally got it though. It doesn't make much money but it has to be one of the most beautiful dragons.
    Now trying for the second one.

Update: Flower/Tree. Second Sakura. seriously, I spent over 200 hard earned gems on this, but its totally worth it. I love the sandals. Same person must have designed the love daragon. Simply beautiful. Even the egg.

4. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks

First of all, many thanks to my new GC friends who are sending me gems, the EBC is getting closer so much more quickly now and I can't wait to increase my breeding options :D, I am keeping lists so I can repay you all:)
    SB, I got a bloom unexpectedly with storm and lichen a few days ago don't know if you have tried that combo

5. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Thanks for the combo (forgot about that one, tried it once probably weeks ago). Once this 48 hr is out, if bloom is still there, that's what I'll try for. If bloom disappears, I told my daughter she can name one of mine and borrow my phone to take care of it. Crusty I'll send you some gems.

6. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome back Amsterdam & congrats on your Sandstorm- that one is a bear to get! ;) And you already got a Sakura?!!! Wow you are on a roll-WTG!

I've gotten 4 fails trying all different combos for Sakura & now everything is jammed up for a while. Congrats to all you lucky people who got it already and good luck to those still trying.:)

7. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Crusty add me and I'll help you out with gems. The EBI is a must especially with all the new dragon releases lately! ;)

8. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    My first Dodo came easy enough last week, but since then it's been Fog or Mud fails. Started on this new one and have a 14h fail with Clover / Earth and a 12h fail with Flower / Tree (EBI). Not bothering speeding them up cause my hatchery is full anyway. Hope it's here for a few weeks or so, cause at this rate you only get two chances per day lol.

9. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Got it first try with L10 Tree and L13 Flower in that order on the EBI. Tree/Flower made since to me since it's modeled after a big tree with flowers. :)

10. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    It is strange how luck ebbs and flows in this game. I've been really lucky lately. Leap Year, Clover, Bloom, Dodo, Steel and Sakura all came relatively easy to me (most on first or second try and I was able to get two of all the limited dragons). My son, on the other hand, seemed like the luckiest kid at the game for the longest time but lately has really struggled to get any of them. He got the Clover on the last day. He got a Bloom a couple of days ago after countless tries. He did get a Sakura today but only after burning through about 100 gems. He still hasn't gotten a Dodo or Steel after many many tries. The Steel really perplexes me. He keeps breeding Metal/Cold in that order but only gets Mine dragons. It seems like all of the other basic hybrids (where two basic elements are bred) were automatic if in the right order.

11. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Jazbo,
    I am officially nominating you the Quenn Bee of The Tribez and as I couldn't see any threads on TA about it, how about you start one so you, Foxy, myself and anyone else who wants to play can talk about strategies and pick your brain, this being a DV thread and all....so how about it please? (picture me begging) :p

Oh that Sakura dragon looks so gorgeous, I want one!!!
    So far, still no Dodo, no 2nd steel plus 3rd and 4th attempt for Sakura has both netted me 14 hr fails in both caves.....so back to waiting on these to clear out.....how ironic that I have two trees on the way yet couldn't breed one to save myself when I wanted it....LOL

12. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok so now I have to go check out Tribez and see what all the fuss is about.
    I got a Sakura first go with flower + tree in the EBI (i leveled the flower up one just to be on the safe side) I sped it up to make sure! And put the same pair back in and got another 10hr timer...I will wait for this one. Still no Dodo.
    My daughter just bred flower + tree in EBI and she got a lava. And FYI she got her Sun with Cold + Lighting...so 3 elements are not always required.

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    You should concentrate on Sakura. It looks amazing and sounds temporary.

14. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Was trying plant/lava got two fails of half an hour, hurried them up for a gem, tried a third time, got ten hours....cross fingers

15. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks! Keep trying the tree + flower. I tried 4 times and only had 2 fails. Now back to that pesky frostfire lol

16. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    After many try's of tree/flower and flower/tree and plant fire and plant lava I used flower/tree many time too. I used 150 gems I finally got it with flower tree in the epic cave. I hope everyone gets one soon. Good luck to everyone.

17. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    #3737 Deeneez, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    If anyone gets a second Sakura using their first one, please let us know the combo. :D

18. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    If the TribeZ thread starts up let me know.... I've also become addicted to that. Between DV and Tribez...I have no time for real life :p

19. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    What is TribeZ? I have typed it into the app store and can't find it. Help!

20. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    It's called The Tribez and is only for the iPad, it's a very entertaining game and is annoying my family no end because I don't talk to them anymore!!! :D