Cutlass Cove contest - win a new iPad and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Phew had a calc final today so been studying for that but now I can try to get back on the high score board!!

2. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

You call yourselves pirates?! You're all far too responsible. Well at least Newton would be proud, but Blackbeard is rolling over in his watery grave ;)

3. danielfan

danielfan Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Didn't have much time to play the game lately.
    Here's my score: 634,200

Reviewed as danielfanu on US store

4. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    New high score : 9,056,100

I almost doubled the second place's score LOL

P.S. next goal 10,000,000

5. Daver16

Sep 17, 2011
    Hey Armoko are you playing on iphone or on an ipad?

6. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    I don't have an iPad. I'm playing on iPhone

7. Daver16

Sep 17, 2011
    Ahh okay me too haha darn I got no excuse not to get that high of a score then!

8. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I guess I wont be in the contest then. Thanks for the contest by the way.
    Finals here I come...

9. CheekyMammoth

I'm sorry for any inconvenience you experienced, tso. Best of luck with finals. You can find out about any future contests we hold by following us on Twitter or Facebook. And please PM me if you have any further concerns about your purchase or the contest.

10. CheekyMammoth

@danielfan Thanks for the review! I added you to my offline list.

@armoko :eek:

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #211 Echoseven, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    People who fail Med school over a game aren't exactly high on Santa's nice list. :rolleyes:

Also new score: 2,811,690

Edit: Can I get another entry if I review the full version on two different App Stores? :p

12. CheekyMammoth

You're going to give Armoko ideas about an extra entry for each million points...I don't recommend awakening the great Captain Armoko. If we're lucky, he'll let us escape with some remnants of our pride intact ;)

13. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Good luck to all (Though I hope I win)
    Can't wait!! Thanks for this contest CheekyMammoth!!
    I wish good luck to your game. I'll advertise this to my school!!

14. sasvirus

sasvirus New Member

Apr 29, 2012
  15. I wonder which is more realistic, 4.5 mill with the full version or 2.5 mill with the lite version?

16. CheekyMammoth

#216 CheekyMammoth, May 1, 2012
    In my experience they'd be pretty close to even in difficulty. There's a lot more room for scores above 2.5 mil in the lite version. Hopefully someone will beat my lite version score before too long - I only got that score to prove to people that the lite version was viable for this contest.

@popblanks Thanks for joining in and making the contest fun!

17. CheekyMammoth

#217 CheekyMammoth, May 1, 2012
    I just thought I'd post some quick tips for anyone trying to take their game to the next level:

When it gets hectic (day 3 onwards) try to focus on enemies on both sides of your ship at once. If you've got a ship in your sights and you're turning to shoot it, make sure you shoot at any other ships on the opposing side of your ship as you turn past them.

Use spells proactively rather than reactively. If you're out of position and there's three rival pirates on the loose, use the Whirlpool before you eat 3 red crosses. Otherwise you're always paying off red cross debt that you'd be better off not incurring in the first place.

The best time to plank prisoners is when you change direction (assuming you use your steering hand to plank prisoners), because that way you don't lose anywhere near as much turning time. Score gained from planking prisoners really adds up.

Sometimes you find yourself in situations where a red cross is inevitable. You've got a merchant ship about to escape offscreen and a rival pirate ship about to cause trouble on the other side. Rather than letting indecision paralyze your next move and foment a cascading disaster, accept that a red cross is incoming and focus on solving the longer term problem (the rival pirate ship).

18. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Well that's that can't make it back over 3,000,000 anymore now too bad great contest good luck everyone

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Great contest, good luck for us all. :)
    Too bad I still can't pass the 3000000 marks, perhaps with that new tips from Cheekymammoth!

20. CheekyMammoth

#220 CheekyMammoth, May 1, 2012
    I'm going to let it run for roughly another hour to ensure that no one feels mislead by the 23:59 PST deadline. I'm not sure if PST is synonymous with PDT (and I probably should have said 23:59 PDT), so that's why it's running for another hour.