Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Is there a way to have more than 9 custom decks saved on the ios version? So far that's all I can keep saved. Have I just not hit the right achievement yet? Or is that all you get on ios. I'm pretty sure that you can have more than that on the PC.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1262 Exact-Psience, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Dang i feel like Warriors are really outclassed right now in the new meta. The current meta is all about getting your minions as sticky as possible, which is why "durable" minions are currently kings.

Sure control decks are still annoying, but current aggro/midrange decks just have a lot of sticky minion options now, and more ways to keep them even stickier. Having to use board clears only to easily be recovered in the next turn just hurts control too much.

That said, i am having a decent (not so good, but has more wins than losses so far) success with midrange warrior, but my control warrior was just struggling to even maintain a 3:2 win-lose ratio.

3. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    The current Meta Report disagrees. Warriors haven't been as strong as they are now for many months.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1264 Exact-Psience, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Interesting... Will keep an eye on this. Thanks.

Meta is how popular a deck is though, and not really a direct reflection of how well it performs. With the addition of Sludge Belchers, Ghouls and Death's Bites, which are all free to own through the Naxx expansion, together with a new set of also relatively free Naxx Legends, this may just be a phase where people want to try control warrior decks, which was almost never seen everywhere coz of how expensive the deck can get.

From what i understand, the meta report is based on how often each class is encountered when playing the ladder.

5. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

It's the same on the PC/Mac too and have always been this way.

6. Rawk GWJ

Feb 9, 2014
    Ahh, thanks. I guess it's time for me to start using Hearthtracker.

7. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This is one thing I find really irritating about this game. Nine is definitely not enough if you want to play every class.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL yeah. I currently have 5 decks that i like rotating through. 4 of them are Warrior decks, one is Hunter :D

I deleted my Warlock and Mage decks since i never really played them since about 2 splits ago. The other decks i had were one-time decks made for specific Naxx heroics, so they didnt last long either.

9. Rawk GWJ

Feb 9, 2014
    Is anyone even able to play? I keep getting a message that I can't log in because of the ddos attacks.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wasnt able to earlier, but i was able to play a couple games just a few minutes ago.

Im really liking Hunter right now. Im playing a Scientist version with 6 traps and no webspinners or houndmasters, and i prefer having almost all spells :D

11. ottbot

ottbot Well-Known Member

Blizzard is reporting that the first free wing unlock ends on 30 September instead of this month. I wonder if they got it wrong because most of us thought it will be the end of August. Anyway, more time for more players to unlock is always good!

12. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    I noticed they as well, TA reported differently than Blizzard.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Damn... Right when i decided to switch out the Spellbreaker for a Tazdingo i played against a Paladin control deck on a stalemate til Tirion showed up, and i dont have a silence for him. :p

Back in goes the Spellbreaker.

14. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I get a email with a free 30 days of world of Warcraft
    Did anybody else get one?

15. nam009

nam009 Member

May 9, 2012
  16. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yes I got that also. I'm not tempted. :)

17. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    This game is pretty good, but I can't play it as I can't create an account, when I have filled in all my details CORRECTLY, trust me I've done this about 20 times. Then it sends me to the login screen, then I put in my details again and it has a login error. Then if I try to reset my password it says my account does not exist. Can I get a fix for this.

18. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Im so glad they ported it to IOS! :D also glad that they're the same accounts across devices.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Were you able to complete the registration through email confirmation? Blizzard's pretty strict with these things.

I even have the authenticator active in which you cant login without this password that changes everytime after a few seconds.

EDIT: Wait... How are you able to judge if this was a pretty good game (your first 5 words) if you arent able to actually play it?

20. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    We'll I've played the tutorial, which you get to play before registering. And no I never got an email from Blizzard, and I think I should've after I only recently reinstalled it today, I did have it a few months ago, but the same things were happening. I am also in NZ which might mean something.