Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #1001 EfratBarTal, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Yes! Finally the Magellan for the iPhone is out. Bought it, tried it, fell in love with it. :)

And a totally different issue, I'm having a bit of a row with the folks at image-line about FL Studio Mobile over the IAP instrument packs. I bought the all three for about 15 bux, the first two got installed fine and the third one just didn't. The app gives a message that they got installed but they didn't. I tried reinstalling FL studio and now I can't restore any of the instrument packs. SO FRUSTRATING! :mad: I sent them a message and the support said they're working on it and it will be fixed for the next update but up till then I'm short about 170 instruments in total :mad:

Guys if any of you buy the IAP insturment packs (guitar, synths or strings) of FL Studio Mobile be cautious about this issue.

EDIT: BTW just noticed this is the 1000th post of this thread, so here's to a thousand more! :)

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    The downloads in FL takes ages for some reason. Has been this way for a while now. The free bass pack took maybe an hour or so, so I just plugged my phone in while DLing the instrument packs from FL. Gotta be a server side problem?

3. Nanostudio has been updated to support iPhone 5's widescreen display.
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

4. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    just saw this. one day, i'll own an iPhone 5, and I'll be able to enjoy it. :)

Thank you, Blip Interactive for your continual investment and dedication to your product and your costumers.

5. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    DM1 is free today!

6. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    #1007 fumbles, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Image-Line know about this problem. Devs told me they are going to fix the IAP issues come next release.

8. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Remember you can't edit the samples in that Akai app, before you buy it. Might come in an update tho, would make sense since it is A SAMPLER. Also if you got Tabletop and buy the Akai sampler it will unlock a copy of the same app inside Tabletop. But still, it doesn't do anything Nanostudio or Beatmaker 2 don't do (better) currently. But might be worth 7 bucks for the sounds it comes with, someone tried it yet?

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  10. IcedB

IcedB Member

May 24, 2012
    Fresh Touch Media launch Bass Drop for iPad and update iphone version

Dubstep fans and producers can now smoothly perform bass lines and soundscapes using 'Bass Drop Dubstep HD'. The app combines a keyboard and wobble bass synthesizer with a sound fx sampling pads. The convenient user interface facilitates multi-layer sound arrangements whilst briskly altering various samples and adding personalized character using the pitch and LFO (low frequency oscillation) controls.

It's the perfect dubstep production aid for newbies, as well as budding and professional producers wanting to quickly jam ideas or create electronic sounds. Users can speedily select drum loops and edit the sample pads whilst performing a wobble bass line with the built in synthesizer to create arrangements.

Features:
    ◆ Studio quality samples, created by professional musicians and producers.
    ◆ Over 300 wobble bass synth variatons.
    ◆ 37 drum loops, build ups, percussive fx and risers included.
    ◆ 19 sound fx included.
    ◆ 28 Dubstep Bass sounds included
    ◆ Load and save up to 3 different sound bank layouts.
    ◆ Colour assigned buttons, for clear and straightforward use.
    ◆ Pitch resample all of the built in samples.
    ◆ 24 fully editable sample pads
    ◆ 1 octave keyboard (13 keys) with pitch shifting spanning 5 octaves.
    ◆ 3 different wobble synthesizers
    ◆ ADSR and synthesizer volume adjustment.
    ◆ In App Purchase and expand your sound library.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPad download:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/bass-drop-dubstep-hd/id574866401

iPhone download:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/bass-drop/id524346772

11. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I went googling last night and found the iMPC article on discchord. After reading the comments I think I'll hold off and see what updates come down the line.

12. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Yea saw that video, really cool. He only trims samples in it tho. I think a lot of people were expecting a more fully fledged sample editor.

13. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    worth mentioning that Bass Drop above is FREE !

14. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
  15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Well Audiobus is the first true multitasking feature in iOS. A complete new and pretty simple workflow for musicians that just works. You can make professional recordings out of several connected (and supported) music apps on one and the same iOS device. (Routing through more than one iOS device is in development.)

I am really excited about Audiobus. I tried it on iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPhone 5 (tested with Sennheiser and AKG reference headphones) because I have most of the supported music apps. You get some kind of an Audiobus multitasking/remote control bar in the music apps where you can switch apps, start/stop recording and more.

Audiobus works flawless and stable and sounds really good! Pretty impressive for a first version.

Okay let's give some app info about that nifty Inter-App Audio Routing System/Audiostreaming feature:

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

This is important so I'll repeat:
    Note: We recommend using Audiobus with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices! iOS 5 or newer. Mind that Audiobus doesn't produce any sounds, you need some supported music apps first.

Some demo videos. Audiobus introduction:

Using Loopy HD (by the same devs like Audiobus, on sale as well) to loop JamUp with FunkBox/SoundPrism Pro (SPP on sale right now) filtered by NLog (on sale as well—both iPhone and iPad versions), listen to that folks:

The guy who uploaded the next video says: "This is a demo of the incredible app, Audiobus. This track was created with JamUp Pro XT, Multitrack DAW, Audiobus, DrumJam, Beatmaker 2, and Drums XD." Don't miss that:

You can use MIDI and Audiobus at the same time! Recording SoundPrism PRO, Sunrizer and Funkbox in MultiTrack DAW with some Virtual MIDI Magic:

Dev says:

I've put together some information on Audiobus. I know it's German-language but there are lots of links, videos, comparison to CoreMIDI and information in English as well:

http://wp.me/poZqi-8eu
    http://wp.me/poZqi-8dQ

Audiobus forum:
    http://forum.audiob.us/

More in-depth info (preview):
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/10/ipad-iphone-creation-is-working-how-audiobus-more-will-connect-your-music-workflow-in-depth/

Some things they want to add in the future:

• Routing with more iOS devices
    • Sound-triggered Recording
    • Timed Recording
    • Multi-Channel Input/Output
    • Save the Audiobus configuration

Some technical info:

http://audiobus.tumblr.com/post/24476100621/audiobus-self-repairing-audio-stream

Today Arctic Keys, GlitchBreaks and Oriphon joined the party, and DM1 will support Audiobus soon. Highly recommended!

16. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    I really like Magellan Jr.
    I think Magellan > NLog :)

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Confirmed: Magellan Jr. does NOT respond to my Synthstation 25. :( (NLog does!)

Still pretty impressive though.

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

19. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    the FL Studio Mobile problems with the IAP have been fixed. The devs said the server had issues for the past two days. I got the packs installed but that wasn't easy, got many request timeouts in the way. But it works for me now.