Espgaluda ii OR DoDonPachi Ressurection

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Aug 26, 2010.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    In your opinion what is the best Cave shooter on iPod so far (and therefore probably best shooter)?

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Neither one looks good.

(Preparing for hate...)

3. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Espgaluda II I know is amazing all-around, since I've been playing it for a few months now. But DoDonPachi reminds me so much of my DS game Ketsui Death Label, that I think I may have to give the honor to that one.

Though DoDonPachi does seem to be choking a lot more, framerate-wise, than Espgaluda... Something about it seems way less smooth sometimes :(

4. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I'm wondering about this too. Both games look amazing. :eek:

5. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    I would Wait for Phoenix, seems i could be cheaper plus, Runs on all Devices, i think.

6. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    But some of us have newer devices, and we want to work them out. :D

7. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    i sure do need an upgrade though......

8. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I own both and I would take Espgaluda anyday over Dodonpachi. It seems a lot more polished to me and I like the gameplay better. Just my 0.02.

9. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    The upgrade is definitely worth it for 1st and 2nd gen users, especially if you want to enjoy the highend releases.

I just read a few reviews and watched a few videos, and I think I'm siding with Espgaluda II as well.

10. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Are u crazy? Dodonpachi reserection is 100
    Better than espaluga. Espaluga is not that good dodonpachi reserection is way better than it so please get dodonpachi reserection

11. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Most reviews say Espaluga II is a great game, but the sites that compare the 2 games (including this site) seem to agree with you. I guess I'll just get Dodopachi now, and get the other later. Gotta stay under my $20 per month game limit. :D

12. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Your name is offensive.

I'd say that you should get both! Twice as much replay value for great games each :p

13. romeodelta

romeodelta Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    They are both great games, it boils down to personal preference.

14. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Dodonpachi is epic!

15. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It's too bad that the lite versions of both games are severely lacking and don't give a good enough feel for either of them. But in the end I'd go with DoDonPachi.

16. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Don't worry I'm going to change it

17. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    donpachi is the better one. but sadly it dont work on the new ipotouch 4 g.
    i hope for an update.

18. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Let me give you a run down of both games. However, having both games since launch day for each, I would say that Espgaluda2 has a slight advantage over DoDonPachi. They are so similar in quality that neither over-powers the other, but I get just a little more satisfaction from playing Espgaluda2.

ESPGALUDA2:
    (+)Smooth graphics throughout gameplay
    (+)Your "hit" area for your angel/ship is much more noticeable than DoDonPachi.
    (+)The music fits this game perfectly. GREAT soundtrack (lvl 4 my fav)
    (+)Pro controls with shield-charge and awaken. Totally different from norm-cntrls.
    (-)Possibly the hardest last-level boss i've ever played. Ever ever ever.

DODONPACHIR:
    (+)Cool Super-gun (I prefer the shield-charge of Espgaluda2)
    (+)Original Music and iPhone option with modern Trance-like music. The new music is o.k. It doesn't seem to fit well with the game (IMO).
    (-)Gameplay frame-rate seldom struggles, but it is noticeable when it does.
    (+)More control options than Espgaluda2.

There is no debate whether these are the best bullet-hell/space shooters. They are the best, and I have nearly every shmup (except R-type) to compare them to. Don't let the price bother you either. Almost every shmup has left me wanting more, but the CAVE games surprise you at every corner.

Espgaluda2 95/100
    DoDonPachiR 90/100

19. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Wait until you reach Dodonpachi's second loop. ;) The entire second loop is much harder than anything Espgaluda throws at you.

My personal preference is Dodonpachi due to the fact that I much prefer the scoring system.

CAVE games are meant to be played for score, and when you compare how they both play, Dodonpachi is much, much more accessible to play for it and far less complicated. That said, they both own, so get them both.

20. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Your name is EPIC fantastic!!!! Don't change it! Wish I would've thought of that a long time ago! Don't listen to some panty-waste politically correct little kid just now sprouting his very first pubic hairs! There's nothing wrong with sticking up for your manly-ness! In any event, if you give it up, I guess there's no reason I can't take it then! I got no problems hearing some dumb little idiot cry! Just KEEP IT! LOL! :p