Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Niel21

Niel21 Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I used that but you don't have to devolve lethal symptoms. Doing so cost me the achievement 3 consecutive times.

2. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Never fails for me, one down to randomness I guess.

3. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

4. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Necroa

Cool can't wait for the test flight early release access. :D

5. potus

potus New Member

Dec 21, 2012

thank you for the strategy. it worked perfectly.

say: "do anyone smell popcorn?" the next time you fart. your friends will take a deep breath

6. Plague Nuka

Plague Nuka New Member

Jan 15, 2013

Do I remove all other symptoms?

7. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1087 Kayg0000, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    See posting by me on pages 80 (although this is for the space achievement, I do that using the same symptoms for nuking)

You have to go slightly lethal, but not too much, swine flu symptoms is the generally accepted level. Once POTUS is sick, evolve insanity and devolve all lethal symptoms. Keep anything required to evolve paralysis along with insomnia, paranoia, and seizures.

Then as per ace42292's posting. Spalin should be voted in, depending on bird 2 or cold 2 as to who she threatens, add paralysis when she does, shortly thereafter she nukes.

8. Botoshel

Botoshel Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Worked just fine on Android! I've been able to complete both space/nuke

9. immaculatebastard

Jan 16, 2013
    Any date set for the necroa release?

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting this game, especially after reading about the upcoming zombie update

How is the replay value? I mean, once you have a strategy that works, why wouldn't work every time?

What's the difference between the different disease types and how does that affect your overall strategy on different playthroughs?

How do the difficulty levels differ? Cause I'm the kind of guy who will try each to beat each difficulty with every disease type

What do devs mean by graphical updates?

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#1091 Bronxsta, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Is Plague Inc worth getting?

Either Plague or Reckless Getaway, but after reading about the zombie update, I'm especially interested in Plague Inc.

A few questions:
    - How do disease types and difficulties differ/add to replay value?

- How much depth is there, regarding different strategies?

- Are playthroughs randomized, because why wouldn't a successful strategy work every time?

- What do the devs mean by "updated graphics" and "AI improvements? Things like better textures, more activity shown on the world map, etc.?

12. OneHitGamer

OneHitGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Florida
    #1092 OneHitGamer, Jan 31, 2013
    Very worth getting over reckless getaway, which I do love by the way.

The replay ability is vast. Once you beat the game with one type of virus you unlock another type. Some air travel, some go by other ways. Some are more visible to people and some aren't. Then you have special stuff you can buy via iap. Worth it. It is random gameplay as in each time you play the outcome is different so to speak. Example would be Japan discovers a cure faster this round. Etc etc.

My strategy is to not evolve the virus that allows it to cause damage, this way it isn't seen and no work on a cure begins. Then towards then end of the evolutions of spreading capabilities I evolve everything else to cause death. Booyah! And you get to name the virus whatever you want lol.

Go with this game as reckless getaway you will have beat with 3 starts per level in a few hours if that. Where plague you will be able to play over and over and still not experience it all in one shot.

13. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I don't play it anymore, so I don't know about the update, but I do regard it as a good game if you're really into the concept behind it.

A successful strategy does work every time, provided it applies to the type of disease your using. Playing by ear as you go along doesn't really work all that well. It's the sort of thing where someone could tell you what country to start in and what order to evolve your disease and you'd win in a nearly identical fashion to whoever gave you the advice.

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Quite fun when I first started out playing Plage. Then started to pay for the IAPs. Then lost interest.

There is an upcoming Zombie expansion, so I might take another look then.

15. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #1095 Best75, Jan 31, 2013
    I heard in a twitter post he said Feb
    Edit:double post was a mistake and there is no exact date but he said in Feb

16. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I heard in a twitter post he said Feb

17. xetz

xetz New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Each disease type provides several options on how you're going to play the game. For example; if you have a bacteria you're going to need to increase the symptoms to cause damage to the population, while choosing something such as a virus changes it up and rapidly mutates. This causes an issue because more developed countries are going to take notice of this and begin to create a cure earlier. You will in turn have to downgrade the severity of the disease.

Depth wise, I'd say there is a moderate amount. I know what I've used in the past that has led to success so mentally I end up executing similar strategies every time. It's interesting though because my coworkers all accomplish the same goals in different ways.

While it seems similar every play through feels a bit different to me. Not certain how others regard it though.

Honestly I'm not certain what they are referring too. Overall the game is worth the money. Hope this helps.

18. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #1098 Kayg0000, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Great game

If you beat the first disease on normal/brutal then it unlocks the next disease for you. If you beat all original 7 diseases on brutal you get the worm add-in for free. If you beat the worm on brutal you get the cheats for free.

25 successful games (casual speed runs are quickest) gets you all the modified gene codes (MGCs). There is no need to buy IAPs but they are available.

Bacteria, fungus, prion and parasite have same basic strategy, hide until total infect then kill.

Virus randomly mutates and it costs DNA points to devolve so your likely going to get noticed before total infect, and need a strategy that copes with that.

Nano-virus the cure % starts going up immediately, you have to be quick to infect, kill and slow down the cure.

Bio weapon will just go lethal when it feels like it and get you noticed fast.

So two strategies (a) hide or (b) kill but not too quickly; with disease specific variances, made easier/harder by your choice of Genes.

Loads of achievements including infecting space and nuking Russia/China

Great game, well worth the money, lots of playability, can not wait for necroa

19. M_Cheevy

M_Cheevy New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Great game, great dev, great forum

Just read through the entire thread. The contributers have done a great job feretting out the game mechanics and sharing their findings. Having seen some of the solutions summarised elsewhere, I was twitching as I watched you all diligently solving the criteria for nuking China.

Also, mega impressed this is the result of a sole developer who is very active in this forum. I hope you all realise how much he differs in that respect. The direct developer pipeline is a rare and wonderous thing.

Previously, 20 odd pages ago, someone suggested a plague from space - an asteroid I think. Suggest instead a military germ warfare research satellite ala Andromeda Strain.

One "bug" I found in Android version. If you go into any of the graphs from the world view and hit the Android Back button, not the one in the game, the world view is blank from then on unless you save, exit and restore.

20. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I was the one who suggested the "space germ." And the "germ warfare" thing already exists in the form of the bio-weapon. Hell, one could even call the Neurax Worm a "space germ."

I just think it'd be a hell of a difficult thing to master if the asteroid had a lot of random variables working for it, such as:

Impact or lack thereof - most rocks from space never touch the ground, they explode in mid-air, which sends out a hell of a lot of particulate matter which would catch easily on the wind.

Size - depending on size, you get either a small or large initial amount of infectious material.

Where it lands - it should be entirely possible that the rock lands in the water as likely as it might be for it to hit on land. Conversely, if it lands on or over a city, people are going to start investigating immediately, so your big initial infection might not be a windfall.

Makeup of organism - like the Andromeda Strain, maybe the organism is something we've never seen before, a silicon-based crystalline 'thing' that's so completely off the wall that even if they do identify it, they couldn't do anything about it.

Response to infection - here's where things get interesting - in Andromeda Strain the only thing they could think of to contain the organism is nuking it. But what if you anticipate their last ditch efforts and make them work for you, like the nuke would have in the book/movie?

There are a ton of things possible with such a bug, and by making a lot of them chance-based and random, you end up making something that gives the game a lot of replayability, and not just for the sake of achievements.