Leaving the comfort of the gaming section.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I released my first app in Healthcare and Fitness. The gaming section is really a tough sell. The competition is very similar to the birds eating the bread crumbs that Hansel and Gretel left behind to find their way home. With no clear pathway to success ( Caveman Test fiasco) I am really glad to be dabbling in a new category. I will post my experiences ....

"Absorb Water" involved endless hours of obscure research and going out on a limb of the unknown. It was a lot of fun and hard work. The end result is a functional app that will help a lot of people go from a dark yellow/orange urine colour to a light colour that blends a lot better with the water already in the toilet bowl.

In the US 47% of every liquid consumed by modern day man is coffee. No wonder we have such a hard time putting up with the taste of water. ( What happened to the caveman putting his head in the river to get a sip of the blue)

Here are some images of the app. I hope "Absorb Water" will absorb some hard cash. This beast has a lot of bells and whistles. Since this is an experimental app a lot of follow up work will be required. Enjoy
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/absorb-water/id351081717?mt=8

Attached Files:

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Well I have to admit that you have some crazy and unique ideas. I respect that spirit of invention, rather than just pushing out another clone. The funny thing is, developers usually have a million CRAZY ideas that they deem too risky or difficult, so they push them aside.

I wonder what crazy ideas that you've swept aside. I'd be willing to bet you are an interesting character in real life.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Flickitty,

You are 100 % right I have a brain with a broken off button. To make matters worse I have a strange ability to work in 3D and see just a little bit more info. This Absorb Water app is very simple and extremely functional. You are right most people would walk away from this idea. Everyone told me I was crazy to mess around with app users allowing them to keep track of their urine colours. But for me that was crucial and it was the key part of the app. I have used the app for one week and I am baffled how interesting everything comes together. I knocked myself down 3 colours on the Mellow Yellow chart just by understanding what different liquids do to our hydration.

4. Eastbound

Eastbound Well-Known Member

As somebody who was recently bedridden from dehydration, and was actually so dehydrated that drinking water too fast would make me throw up, I'm extremely interested in this app.

What an excellent idea, this sounds awesome. Let me know how it goes!

5. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Bringing urine into the mix is kind of disgusting and cool at the same time. I think the major strike you'll have against you is that your app name isn't particularly sexy, and that there are already several other entrenched "water your body" type apps including one from our own Brave Target.

Good luck!

6. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Sounds like inspiration to me. :p

How are your sales so far?

Also, how much did you invest on this one? It looks nice!

7. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

What a great imagination you have! Best of luck on your venture into the "app" side of things. :)

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Now that is a fun idea, best of luck!