New iPad Translator with speech for all languages: now only $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Macvanderspek, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    We updated our translator for the iPad yesterday, and we will offer it for $0.99 for a very short time!

It has the following unique features:

- It recognizes English voice!
    - It speaks out your translation for over 30 languages!
    - It supports over 50 languages, and is not dependent on a single engine like other translators!
    - It needs no internet connection for a large number of common phrases, and it stores earlier translations. You can set your own preferred translations as well!
    - It works fast, and it's easy!

Get it now while it's fresh! :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/translator-with-speech-hd/id475805601?mt=8

Attached Files:

2. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    We are continuing the offer for another day, grab the best translator app for iPad for just $0.99 now!

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hey Mac,
    Just purchased your app, I'm really enjoying it so far I have 3 small requests for an update, and they should be very easy to do. The first request, and by far the most major is, can you add the ability to copy the text from the translation? The only thing I use your app for is to translate posts for Twitter, and it's very annoying having to go back-and-forth between apps to remember, and then type, the translation I just got. It would be SO much easier just to copy the translation and paste it to Twitter. This is so essential to me.

The second request is, when I am speaking English into the mic for a translation, immediately when I am finished speaking, my voice recording is automatically played back to me about 3 times louder than the translation is spoken. Can you remove the auto-self-playback? I don't need to hear myself repeat what I just said.

The third is, can you up the volume of the spoken translation playback? The voice that speaks the translation back is wayyy too quiet.

Please address these issues, and you will have made a loyal and faithful customer out of me! Thanks a lot for making such a useful app!! - Jordan

4. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi Jordan,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We will include an improved translation playback in the upcoming update, for major languages. It is quite a bit louder as well.

The copy functionality is on the list. Note that in the HD version of the app, there is a direct function to post your translation on twitter as well.

The repetition of your voice is something that we should make optional. Working on that!

Thanks again,

Martijn van der Spek
    Sparkling Apps

5. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Price is now $1.99. We will keep it at that until the update is approved, then it will go back up. Get it now :)

6. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Ahhh the twitter functionality is only on the HD version? Well if I may, one last request of course is to bring this functionality to the iPhone version. If you do this, I absolutely promise to buy the app when I buy an iPad 3!

7. candycow

candycow Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Perhaps I missed it, but it seems like there's no way to translate something into another language? As in after I translated aaaaaa then bbbbbb, there seems to be no shortcut to translate aaaa into some other language? It looks like it only works for the most recent phrase.

8. youhin

youhin New Member

Nov 12, 2011
    hi I’m a student, I read your app discription and its almost the same as my app from my iPhone its called speechtrans that allows you to translate your assign language. this is the website http://speechtrans.com/ Its a good thing I got to know your app so i can give feedback how i think about your app
    thank you so much

9. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Good point. What we will do is when you select the earlier translation ('aaaaa'), we will add this to this entry box. So this will enable you to quickly change the language of earlier translations as well.

We should be able to add this to today's release. As soon as Apple approves it it will be available as an update.

Keep these comments coming please!

10. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    We will see how we can easily put this in the interface of the iPhone version, without making the interface too complex. For now, the added copy function should help, but we will keep this on the list. Thanks!

11. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Back to $0.99 for the weekend!

We have just launched an update, improving the voice quality of long translations. To celebrate, we are putting the price back from $2.99 to $0.99 for this weekend.

Get it now, have fun! :)

12. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    awesomeness

13. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Grabbed it. Much thanks!

14. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    You are welcome! Still on sale until Sunday. Get it now! :)

15. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Last day of sale before it goes back to $2.99!