Universal South Park: Phone Destroyer™ (By Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 9, 2017.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yep, it's one of the best FTP I've ever played too.. It is a must-try game, at the very least. So far, about 15 people from TA have joined our Team. (I noticed you joined today). There are still a few spots open.

2. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    The game has been telling me I need to update all day. No update in the store. Anybody else experiencing this?

3. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I'm getting this too, all day it's been telling me to update but there isn't an update in the store yet, so I'm guessing the update is coming soon? I will say that this game has been a lot of fun. I can't wait for the update.

4. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    That is an iOS bug... I have been getting it a lot with various game updates.. just pulldown on the 'updates' screen to refresh and you should be good to go.

5. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Johnny is there still room? also, do you know if leaving a clan has any penalties?

6. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    I'd imagine that your donation count would be reset if you leave a team.. other then that, I don't think there is a penalty. We have about 5 spots open.

7. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    cool, thanks i'll join up - current random clan isn't active at all

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Just delete and reinstall and it will be fine the developer on Twitter told me

9. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #29 HotHamBoy, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    What do you guys spend your Dollars on?

The cost of packs seems too high to be worth saving it up for the random rewards.

What I do is I'll spend the dollars to open more lockers if there is a card up for grabs that I really want. I'll spend $2 if there's a stack of upgrades I need or 250 tickets, in hopes I'll get it but if the prize is a rare card I want I'll pay more.

I have found this has helped me grow my collection pretty fast. I'm also pretty diligent about playing the PvP every 4 hours which is really the best way to get cards and upgrade mats. Prizes for winning, packs are good, tickets for buying epics, replenishes dollars.

I'm totally F2P, Lvl 6 Rank 14 and I haven't felt the need to spend any money. I really like the single player but it's pretty easy. The PvP is pretty challenging but I think I'm getting better.

Unlike PvE, the PvP is actually very strategic. You need to have good timing and placement with the right cards at the right times.

Some things I like better than Clash, like a single player campaign in which you can grind for cards and know what your fighting for, not having timers on PvP packs. On the other hand, having a separate currency just for PvP is something I'm not sure about. I guess because you also get gold with PvP it's ok.

Easily the most obnoxious thing about the game is the fact that there's multiple upgrade materials you need to get to upgrade cards in addition to getting dupes AND these are different for each theme. It can really be frustrating to have the upgrades you need be shown as a potential prize and then not pick the right lockers to get them.

One other thing that is cool in theory but hasn't worked well in practice: clans. Donating cards is a tough sell, especially rares. It's easier to give up cards in Clash IMO. As it stands, I've only gotten a handful of commons from the other people in my clan and I've never gotten a rare when requested (although I did donate a rare, myself!). Also, no friendly battle? Weak.

Overall, I do really love this game. It won't replace Clash Royale but it will live alongside it on my phone. They did a great job making a fun F2P mobile game in a way that is compelling and satisfying, especially if you like the show. I love all the card art so much and the voiced character callouts are often hilarious.

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Lol this game is awesome, if for no other reason than just the dialog.:D

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    You’re doing great I save the money for coins that way you can have coins to spend on upgrades

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #32 ArtNJ, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Game is fun, especially for a South Park fan. I havent really watched in years, but there is enough nostalgia to make a lot of this funny and appealing.

How do you join a guild? Been playing a while, haven't seen if offered.

13. graison

graison Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Saskatoon, Canada
    You have to go to the pvp house then swipe to the left to bring up the guild screen.

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Johnny's clan is full. Someone start a new one!

How about Hankeys Towelie?

15. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Anyone can join SB A Holes if they want

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #36 ArtNJ, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Thanks, kind of hoping for a little bit bigger than 2 people though! Especially if donating cards is involved.

So far I've been upgrading the adventure commons even if they aren't that useful. Like Sally the Assassin, had enough cards to get her to level 2, but the upgrades have been really small and she doesn't have a special power. Thinking maybe I should save mats for better cards.

17. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    4 stars because PvP matchmaking is horrible! I keep being matched with pay to win players!!! Of course I loose

18. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    We have 48/50 people right now. Come join if you want to. It's a strong group with lots of donations. As with any team, we typically have 5 or 6 people who join and never play, so when we hit full capacity, I usually remove a couple inactive players.

If we are full when you try to join, hit me with a PM here, and I'll make room for you.

Team name : Jennifers Tacos

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I joined you!

20. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Johnny's clan is pretty good, and I can definitely see one only being useful if it is nearly filled and people are willing to share. I give away most of what I don't need (camelchasers) and generally get what I ask for so long as it isn't too rare. It would be nice to have some more functionality though, such as trading cards or upgrade materials.