Universal Titanfall: Assault (by NEXON M Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 10, 2017.

1. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Not sure. I didn't get a few rank up caches immediately but they came through later on... I'd wait a bit but not play intensely/spend any money until you get it, or else reinstall... because I swear there's been a few times I've got cards from a cache only to find I never got them...

2. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    It's just how they make money. I don't mind the system because it means people have different units at different levels forcing different play styles, however a week (or so) a go it was a lot more generous when it came to giving cards, the current system seems a bit $$ desperate

3. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    It seems that this game has not release in Hong Kong...

4. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    And I checked even Japan has no this game.

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #25 TheSop, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Game is a buggy mess.

What is up with the market? I paid 1000 coins for 1x epic card but the game gave me something like 15x copies so I levelled it to level 4 lol! Same thing happened with the 1x rare card.

Some of the replays on my replay list show my player name and the deck I used round the wrong way.

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #26 MetaGonzo, Aug 12, 2017
    Now that I'm out of the tutorial all of my matches are at Training Grounds.

Is that the only map?

Edit: Just seen that they unlock as you go.

7. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Higher level cards give you more xp (epics give 25) since they are rarer drops, that's not a bug. There is plenty of bugs though...

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I am talking about the number of cards not xp.

Anyone else got the same problem with replays showing player/decks round the wrong way?

9. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    It's the same thing in this game... the poster above is correct in saying you get more cards/xp for epics and rares.

I for one am really enjoying this game, when the servers let me play. The control points and titans are the biggest differences from clash royale and both elements shift the strategy away from the timing and counter gameplay of clash towards something with some genuinely interesting strategic decisions. Do I throw in my titans as soon as they're ready or wait? Do I aggressively push their towers with my sniper titan or gut out a control victory?

As for bugs, everything is smooth for me once I've joined a game. Before then, I'm getting a lot of disconnects while searching for a match as well as errors editing my deck and opening crates. Hopefully this gets better over time.

10. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Finding it pretty strategically interesting, but man the texture quality work in main menus is atrocious and particularly nocticable on the galaxy s8+. Wish you could download high resolution assets so you could inspect pilots and titans

11. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    OK, I'm revising a bit because the server issues have gotten atrocious. The last three victories I've had I've gotten no reward cache, trophies, or experience points. I can deal with slowdown as long as things are recorded, but this is a total mess. Disappointing.

12. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah, the game is so buggy. I usually have to quit the game a few times during matchmaking as it won't connect. Once I get into a game it seems fine, but the menu and loading screens have a lot of issues.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Current bugs I have noticed.

Lag, the menus lag at times and sometimes when you level up nothing happens for a while or until you close and reload the game.

Replays occasionally show the player name and decks used round the wrong way on the replay list.

Currently can't find opponents when searching for a match.

14. ogunther

ogunther Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2009
    #34 ogunther, Aug 12, 2017
    Like others have said, the amount of bugs I'm running into are game breaking. If they don't fix the worst of these quick I'll probably just move on.

Also, holy cow does it eat through the battery even when your not in a fight. My 6s Plus got noticeably hot just sitting on the counter with main screen up (and my brightness was turned all the way down). Also, I played a match where I received the 20% battery warning part way through. Before I'd even finished that match I got the 10% warning! That's a lot of juice it's sucking down.

15. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    One thing I find especially annoying is now when there's no one close to your rank you get paired against a bot... and at the top end that means bots with cards ranging between 15-19 and turrets at level 16 compared to my 11. It used to be better when you just got paired with the nearest ranked player because now it's impossible to advance if no one within 5 positions is playing at the same time.

16. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    How do I keep losing? Nobody has attacked my base... I'll have 2 of 3 hardpoints captured and when time runs out I get DEFEAT??? 68 to 100 or something like that?

How does one win a round in this game without destroying the others base? I'm not understanding the rules of the game.

I won a fair bit in the beginning but now I'm in the next tier I lose every single round without my base taking a lick of damage.

17. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Man... the PS4 Pro needs a few games like these.

18. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    You can win either by destroying your opponents main turret or by reaching a score of 100 from holding capture points. No base killing required.

19. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Ahhhhhhhhh

20. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    The battle gameplay is quite different from Clash Royale.