Ashes & Roses - artistic sandbox/adventure game by The Moonwalls

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMoonwalls, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Hi everyone!
    A little preview of our new great game (our best game so far) - Ashes & Roses.

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

This is your game, your imagination...

Brace yourself for an unusual artistic experience – a story that you weave yourself, a remarkable world that you can craft with your own fingers. You’re not only an observer – you are the narrator.

Death is a tragedy, but from each tragedy exists a way out... When a young woman dies, only flowers can carry her cry for help. When a rose blooms upon a fresh grave, it’s far more than just a flower... It becomes a messenger of love and hope. It is a Soul.

How did this woman die? Was she a murder victim, a suicider, a patient defeated by a serious disease? What did her life look like? Was she happy, abused by her husband, did she commit a horrible crime? It’s for you to decide!

Choose from dozens of thoughts, dreams, desires and mix them up into combinations that radically alter the story, spicing it up until the tragic finale.

Enjoy these attractive features:
    1. A unique approach to adventure games, with actual artistic value.
    2. Beautiful graphics combining 3d elements and hand-drawn illustrations.
    3. A fully adjustable story that you can reshape to your liking.
    4. Dozens of story elements that you can combine into unique connections.
    5. Hidden bonuses, characters and endings.
    6. Amazing soundtrack created by a highly talented composer.
    7. Natural multi-touch interactions.
    8. Intuitive interface.
    9. Hours of captivating gameplay.
    10. Real-time gameplay experience in 24 hours mode.
    11. Retina support.
    12. iOS 5 compatible.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This game will be also available for iPad.

Available: February 2012

Best regards,
    Marcin,
    The Moonwalls.

2. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
  3. Wow that sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it!

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sounds very intriguing. Has it already been submitted and just awaiting approval?

5. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Hi Eric!
    Yes, the game is waiting for review now :)

Marcin.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome! Not that I don't love The Train (still anticipating Ep. 3), but it's nice to see you turning out other games as well.

7. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    The Train 3 is in production as well. I had a little problems with content of huge updates for previous episodes (some new parts were too hard and shocking), but finally, after few months of hard work I can one more time send them for review (during few last days I also managed to strongly reduce their size).

I have about 60% of The Train episode 00 finished, so it will be available soon.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So did you actually add some content to Part 2 as well? Last we talked you were only updating part 1 with new stuff.

9. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    #9 TheMoonwalls, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Second episode has some improved graphics, fixed issues and bugs, improved hint system, shorter loading times, smaller app size, and one additional puzzle (it's more like an addition to exsisting part of the game).
    Also there's a little surprise in both episodes - I decided to go more into totalitarian atmosphere, and after having the entire story of the third part finished, I decided to change few things.

I would say that the first episode is an entire new game, and second episode is a little longer, improved existing game.

I now it took pretty long to get them finished, and matched Apple's review policy (I'm sorry about this), but it was worth it.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Even better. So are those updates in review as well? I'll certainly have to revisit them.

11. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm just uploading them again :)

12. Revi

Revi Active Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Can't play the game!!!

"
    Did anyone actually managed to play the game ? As a "train " lover I jumped on a new game by moonwall but this game is impossible to play. I keep trying to move the rose Patel but it only goes to the metro where it get destroyed time after time. It is really frustrating!!! A built in help system would be really appreciated, the help menu does not do the job!

13. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Hi Revi!
    In the metro part you have to go into the tunnel, and wait for the train to pass, then quickly go to the left, and wait in each vent pipe for the train. When it passes your vent, you can go further to the next one.

Hope this helps!

Marcin.