Ravensword Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Nov 21, 2009.

?

What should be next for Ravensword?

1. The Expansion Pack

123 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. A Multiplayer Version

59 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #1 JoshCM, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    We want to get your opinions about which you would prefer next after the little update we're working on.

The Expansion that we've been talking about - Or a Multiplayer version?

btw: Russ has ordered me not to say anything else - so unfortunately you have to make your decisions based on whats provided...

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    okay multiplayers at 100% you have your response ;)

3. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    The Expansion Pack, since I'd like to see more of a single player experience. :)

4. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    #4 Mr. Crazy, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    I'll love both. It's hard to choose. I'm like 50 50 on both but i will pick multiplayer then.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Expansion for certain. These types of games are more fun to me single player.

6. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    Multiplayer.. is local or online-(hope)?
    If expansion pack adds features to coming multiplayer then i´d vote for exp.pack first

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Multiplayer pl0x!!

Also, able to ride a horse in town or anywhere, because it is SO much faster than walking

Like, maybe add a stable where you can buy horses.
    The fastest horses are the most expensive ones

8. enkein

enkein Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Latvia , Riga
    expansion ! i want see new quests and i hope in expansion will be new wizard magics :)

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

exapansion. A single player game i can keep playing all the time. Multiplayer requires others.

10. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Expansion definitely.

The game is good but needs a lot of enhancements -- better/more involved combat, more weapons, more armour, more strategy based on combat and weapon options, magic, story, etc.

I have no interest in a multiplayer version of the game as is. What would be the point?

11. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Expansion, no question!

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Expansion for sure. I'm not even so sure what would be appealing about multiplayer in this particular game. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Also, I'd REALLY like it if you made a downloadable expansion for this existing game. I know you've got a lot of stuff brewing, but pretty much it sounds like any new content you have planned is going to be for a separate game, a Ravensword 2 or whatever, and the original Ravensword is only getting updates with tweaks and bug fixes. Josh or Russ do you have any plans to add more content (i.e. quests, monsters, equipment) into the initial Ravensword release?

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea I'd rather have the expansion come out through DLC..if not then thats just another icon taking up very limited space. But yes, definitely expansion, while the game as-is is fun, it definitely needs some valuable additions. I would much rather play a more in-depth single player game, than a multiplayer version. If you guys are feeling ambitious, hell, release an expansion then start working on multiplayer.

14. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

is the expansion not DLC. I presumed that it was going to add all new content to the game. But the same game as before and not a new one altogether.

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I like when the results are so clear cut like this.
    Funny I thought you guys would say the opposite.

16. artcoupe

artcoupe New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Spanish

I want an expantion, but I think you must put before a multilanguage patch, I want an spanish language, pleaseeeee!!!!

17. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I voted for multiplayer, but realistically you need to do expansion content first. Flesh out the game and provide more content. Multiple players will chew through existing content too fast. But I'd make online a priority, start the framework for it now. There's more to it than just network coding.

18. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Good to see that the expansion pack is the most voted for. While multiplayer would definitely be a joy to have, there are quite a few owners who won't be able to experience it. Hopefully you do decide to go on with the expansion first so that all can enjoy it.

19. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    good point

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Expansion for sure.
    This game feels like a singleplayer only type game, I don't quite see how multiplayer would work.
    Some more maps, quests, weapons, beasts, items etc would be great.