WordCrasher Blitz (Universal, Free) - Pixels on Toast

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PixelsOnToast, Feb 21, 2012.

1. PixelsOnToast

PixelsOnToast Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    #1 PixelsOnToast, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE: It's out! http://itunes.com/app/wordcrasherblitz

Some of you TA veterans might remember WordCrasher from January 2010, as featured on TUAW and MacWorld. Well, it's about time I brought WordCrasher up to date, creating the ultimate version, WordCrasher Blitz. Free to play from the App Store in the next few days!

For those who haven't played WordCrasher before, imagine Tetris meets Boggle meets physics, and you won't be far off.

New features
    • Full universal app - iPad, Retina, all the good stuff.
    • Letter multipliers - x2, x3 and x4 markers on some letters. This... changes... everything...
    • Every game you play contributes to your WordMaster level. I'm not sure anyone will ever manage to max out at 50. We'll see!
    • New "Quick Game" mode - 5 words, minimal time pressure. Great for the bus stop.
    • All new graphics
    • Twitter support under iOS 5
    • 60fps gameplay (up from 40fps)
    • Magical price of FREE. I want *everyone* to try WordCrasher Blitz. Full disclosure - there will be ads at the top of the screen (AdMob), which you can optionally remove by paying $0.99 as an in-app purchase.

Classic features
    • Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce, stack, roll and respond to tilt
    • Game Center and OpenFeint
    • Over 190,000 words recognized in US, UK and International English
    • Every *unique* word you enter is tracked, and the game tracks your vocabulary. And yes there is a leader board for that - the current WordCrasher champ has entered over 20,000 unique words!
    • Marathon and Flood Panic games modes (in addition to the new Quick Game mode)
    • Freeze time and Bomb powerups
    [​IMG]

I just submitted it to the App Store yesterday, so I'll post again when it hits the store.

Kevin (ex EA and Rockstar Games coding serf, now lone dev type)
    Pixels on Toast (link)

(I'm the guy making Food Run too - WordCrasher Blitz is my secret pet project I've been alluding to on Twitter, which I'm announcing today here on TA)

2. PixelsOnToast

Jan 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

Approved! Always a relief to see the green light, so many things could go wrong, often outside of your control. Look out for it tomorrow on the App Store!

3. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    I can't wait for this! I'm still a big fan of the original and it's still one of my favorite apps out of the 900+ I own!

4. PixelsOnToast

Jan 5, 2010
  5. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    So far the gameplay is flawless!

A few suggestions for a future update...
    *Since I've purchased to have the ads removed, I'd like to see that big store button gone. I'd place it somewhere else, like in a corner (once purchased).
    **Make it easier to access the Game Center leaderboards. Not a button that sends you to it, but have it accessible in game. Basically, when you enter this menu, GC scores should already be pre-loaded in a nice looking in game menu. That way it's more enjoyable when you go to see the things such as the weekly leaderboards.

6. PixelsOnToast

Jan 5, 2010