Is the new inotia worth the dough?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by downhill_demon, Dec 6, 2009.

?

Should i buy the new Inotia?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2010.
  1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    81.4%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. downhill_demon

downhill_demon Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I'm looking to buy a new RPG for my iphone, and was wondering if the new inotia is worth the money.

2. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    well my rpg experience:
    Skipped the first Inotia because it looked a bit simple (then was later trashed and turned into a huge regret purchase for alot of people after the new stuff came out)

The new one does look like it has alot going on for it though, there are a few other JRPG's that are out now

Played the Quest.. was ok, only char I could get to really progress well was a dual-wielding life-leeching death knight.. he was cool, I lost all my progress but the Quest is the best for that genre IMO (like in the first dungeon u hit everything is intense, rather than Undercroft where ur farming berries or something)

I have Zenonia but I didnt go past the slimes, it seems ok, i heard theres grinding (I was playing WoW at the time as well so that may have affected things)

Dungeon Hunter is really cool, I havent finished it, but its a bit simple..

Right now im playing Ravensword... the graphics are great, but Im currently getting owned by anything bigger than an imp right now.. and even those can trash me up. Im worried about lack of content though

All I can say about RPG's, there are a few other JRPG's out there like I said, like Dragon Sword or something..

I guess id have to vote 'Other'

3. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I heard Dragon Sword sucked...

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #4 squarezero, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    Go with Inotia 2. Dragon Sword didn't so much sucked as it was simply not quite ready for prime time. Ravensword is more of an action/adventure with RPG elements -- I love it, and it's likely that you will, too, but I wouldn't choose it if I were looking for a hardcore RPG. Inotia 1 was just weak, IMO, pretty much in every way. But Inotia 2 -- it's the first of these action RPGs that feels like the complete package.

EDIT: I would also check out Sword of Fargoal. It's more of an updated rogue-like than a contemporary RPG, but it's just beautifully done, as well as a ton of fun.

5. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yes it is worth it. Long, compelling story, great gameplay, customization, enhanced graphics from Inotia 1 (much more enhanced). This game is worth every penny.

6. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Inotia 2 is the BEST RPG IN THE APP STORE!!! :) :)

7. micgao

micgao Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    its totally worth it

8. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    Against my habit I'll just be quick about this and say: Definitely!

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    If you really need an RPG fix for your iPhone, then you can't currently do any better than Inotia 2 IMO. Though Sword of Fargoal has RPG elements, not sure its what you're looking for. It is fun though :)

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    What he said.

11. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I voted yes. I haven't bought it yet, but I did play it on a friend's iPhone and it's very involved. Good story, lots of customizations, and a huge world to play in. It's everything you'd expect from an RPG.

12. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    imma gunna wait until the price drops down one more time :)

13. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Christmas is coming and deals will be all around. Make sure to get sufficient itunes credit :)