iPad Dark Gate by Kemco / Kotobuki

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Oct 16, 2012.

1. JoeRpg

JoeRpg Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Great taste in Games...Fantasy Chronicle and Eve are my favourites too.

And yeah Bean Quest and meganoid are also addictive.. Downloading those other titles you mentioned.

2. starbuck331

starbuck331 New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    So I've been coasting so far, (used the villagers hint about the diamond win to kill the mask in one hit. However, I got to the dragon last and I can't do any damage to him. Tried both spell combinations and still no luck. Anyone know how to defeat it?

thanks

3. Melanosol

Melanosol Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    England
    Can't say I recall the dragon, so it's more questions than answers; have you tried the elements individually, do you have any physical damage dealers on the front row using non elemental weapons, have you tried poison, and have you tried using the bishop Clean Slate spell to ensure it hasn't got a buff in the way?

4. starbuck331

starbuck331 New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Tried all but the clean slate. It's one of the first 4 gates in the fire area. It's called wyvern I think

5. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    late-game

Hi guys, it looks like the conversation dried up but I've been looking for info elsewhere on this game and it's surprisingly scarce. Does anyone know how to change the ending you get? So far I can only get Leo's. Also I read a post about the android version about the final boss, and it doesn't sound like the (kinda crappy) final boss I took on. Anyone know if there is a "real" final boss I didn't get?

6. Turpulus

Turpulus Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Dark Assembly

How do you beat the Dark Assembly? Getting my butt kicked.

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Price has gone up, can someone edit the thread title?

8. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I'd like to help but I don't remember which one Dark Assembly was. If I come across it again (playing from an old save now that I know where the "point of no return" is) I'll let you know.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm having one hell of a hard time defeating the Demon Lord... Anyone have any tips??

10. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I'm not even getting the Demon Lord...trying to figure out what's going on.

11. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I've defeated him by using physical damage only + heal spells. This way you can focus on killing the "main head" first and destroy the others later. If you kill the other heads first, the main head will just resurrect them. Happened to me the first time.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks so much...
    I managed to kill off the main and top heads, then ran out of MP and Mana Pot items, and just eventually died while trying to take out the last section... Hope I can defeat it later on...

Anyway, thanks for the info. Helped a lot. =o)

13. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Am I the only one who got
    Theodore
    at the end and after finishing him off, game over?

14. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Yes, same ending as you. I got mastered all job lists before moving
    to Central.

For previous time, i dont have special jobs but faced Demon Lord.

15. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Anyone have problem getting legendary beads?
    After hours of searching.. Woohoo... Found an easy way to get as many as you want.. :D
    And they unlock so many new cool jobs... Looks like I have postponed the final fight again.. Got to master them all ;)

The job system is definitely one of the main selling point for this game. My only complain is that it is too easy to unlock/master the 3rd tier and special jobs. Mastering them give me slightly less sense of accomplishment as compared to those FF series..

16. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I just finished my second playthrough. Used the party members I didn't use the first time around, and faced Dark Assembly. I may have figured out how to determine what end path and ending you get, but I have to test my theory. I don't think the jobs you master/don't master, the optional caves, or the quests you get from the cities has anything to do with it.

17. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    #137 EroNasubi, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Is the Dark Assembly more difficult to beat than Demon Lord?

Edit: should be the other way round.. Just realize the one I just defeated was Dark Assembly and not Demon Lord... No wonder so easy..
    Guess I have to try different team combi...

18. chaosdefender

chaosdefender New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Where to find Legendary beads

Hello. Does anyone know where to find Legendary Beads? I was able to steal one from a boss but that's it.

EroNasubi said he found an easy way to get them so hoping he'll give his secret.

Thanks!

19. Melanosol

Melanosol Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    England
    One of the end game caves has Thor or Zeus or something, he's the boss you got it from, in them, floors 81-90 I think it is. Steal them from him. I believe it's the north or east cave.

20. goatc0re

goatc0re Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Thor is in the East Cave. I recommend running all the way down to level 90, where you will have a restore hp/mp point. For best results have Mug as everyone's default attack.