a screen flip option should be a requirement for all apps with Dpads!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slothy, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I'm sick of the headphone jack getting in the way, it's always a gamble when I download an app with a virtual d-pad to have an option for a screenflip. I have headphones with an angled jack...but still...

2. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    #2 Pamx, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
    Couldn't agree with you more! I think that the app description should include a checklist of basic minimum features so you could instantly see whether the features that are important to you are included. From a developer's point of view it's also annoying to see a negative review complaining about the lack of a feature or option that you've actually taken the time to include but the customer hasn't noticed. Having a simplified checklist would help in that buyers wouldn't have to read through the entire app description. Needless to say Ground Effect has always had the screen flip.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Screen flip (automatic or manual via settings) should always be there. :(

GameSalad, I'm looking at you!!!

4. Big Pig

Big Pig Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Some devs listen :)

Our next game (2d beat'em up with a lot of humor and some RPG elements) will have a screen flip option.

Alex (aka Big Pig)

http://www.ninjapigs.com

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I've been saying this to devs since the AppStore opened and I started beta testing games.

Biggest problems:
    screen flip > flipping graphics.
    When you flip graphics for an iPod touch game iPhone users get all notifications upside down! Incredibly annoying when you get a text message.

Status bar.
    I don't care what any dev says about it ruining the experience. The status bar carries a wealth of info that is useful the the user. I shouldn't have to exit the game to check the time or find out my battery life is completely gone.

Auto-save.
    I don't think I should have to explain this

If I have those things I'm a happy camper

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It's not that hard to implement... no, no, actually, it is. +1