Musician looking for work, pay is free

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by pgboy, Sep 4, 2010.

1. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Hello my name is jake and i have been looking for a job that will give me more experience in music. I make techno/electronic/ambient

I am very good with my programs though so i can make other genres if you like.

My music is all free so if you end up not using it at least you did not waste any money.

PM me or email me at

[email protected]

or pm me your email so i can send you a sample!

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I think you should post some samples of work on this thread so people can easily see (hear?) it.

3. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I know

You see i am away for the long weekend and i do not have my samples because i have them on my macs. On tuesday i will be able to post some. OR if you wnat more email me and i will give you a sample of watever genrer you want

4. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Hm, I wish you wouldn't tell people you're willing to work for free. Makes it hard for the rest of us when we actually want (and feel we deserve) to get paid. :(

5. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #5 veecheech, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    Well (not to slight pgboy as I haven't heard any of his music) here's a point against that. Usually if an artist is willing to do free work the work will not have the same quality as paid work. Either that or there are people much more generous than anyone I've met.

If someone wants the best quality for their music, they'll pay for it. If people offer free services it's great for lower-tier devs but the free work is usually only offered when an artist/composer can't get paid work (again, not trying to slight pgboy's work).

Just something to think about.

6. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    sorry bout not posting music

how do i post my music to a website?