ARDefender Halloween Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by stephc_int13, Oct 25, 2011.

1. stephc_int13

stephc_int13 Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    CEO
    Paris
    #1 stephc_int13, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Hey !

We just finished the developement of our new game engine, and to celebrate this achievement we decided to create a special edition of ARDefender for Halloween.

For the ones who played the 1.0 build one year ago, we know that we promised an update that was long overdue, but this first release was kind of rushed and we really had to rework our engine entirely to support retina display, that's why it took so long, we've also been kept busy with other, non-gaming projects.

Anyway, we think it was worth the wait, you can take a look at the game here to see by yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFYr6gZL1Z4

And here the App Store link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ardefender/id393879882

You'll also find a few screenshots at the end of this post.

Here is what's new in this version (dubbed 1.5.1)

* New engine, first time you'll see an AR game running at 60 FPS on any platform!
    * Halloween edition (the classic mode is also included)
    * 22 Achievements
    * New upgrades (Defense Drone and Armaggedon)
    * New sound engine, with AR based positional sounds
    * Game Save
    * New towers to unlock
    * Much improved level design
    * The game is now an Universal App, it works very well on iPad2 with a big marker

Now that our new engine is done, you'll get a lot more news from us in the coming months, we have a lot of exciting stuff to show.

As usual, if you want to see the game in action, we have some codes for you, just ask me : [email protected] or reply in this thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    This is pretty darned cool, thanks for the update!

I've still got a mini template in my wallet to show off the AR capabilities (though a giant one on the floor is best!)

3. stephc_int13

stephc_int13 Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    CEO
    Paris
    Thanks, we worked quite hard on this update :)

The current available build (1.5) is framerate limited to 30FPS and has a weird slowdown issue on iPad, it's already fixed in the 1.5.1, it's in the AppStore validation queue since last week, so it should not be too long before it goes online.

But the best is still to come, as soon as the 1.5.1 is validated we'll upload the 1.5.2, I found a new trick to drastically improve the AR robustness under very quick motion, and it improves the experience to forget any tracking jitters.

We really would like to see some success on this update, so we could have a budget to create ARDefender 2.0, our main idea for this is to add coop mode and a lot more weapons to unlock.

4. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Holy shit... You just blew my mind! This is going to the top of my holiday wish list. :)

5. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Hi All, new to this game. How do I target the small little monsters? My tower got like knocked down in 20 secs....

6. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Hi, I sent you an email. I got the game when it first came out a long time ago. But I don't have it on my phone anymore. Will I be charged again if I re-download?