iPhone Ninja (Boogie Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BoogieGames, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BoogieGames

BoogieGames Active Member

#1 BoogieGames, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hello TA

We're developing a 3rd person sneaker game for iOS, set in medieval Japan. Our team consists of three members, and we're planning to release for Christmas. We would like any and all feedback from you, as we go along with the game. I'll be happy to answer any questions, and possibly include you into our beta tests in the future.

Here's some info about the game:

General info
    Genre: 3rd person sneaker
    Platform: iPad & PC
    Target group: Adventure & strategy
    Rating: Teen
    # of Players: 1

Synopsis
    Take the role of Ninja on a path to vengeance. Somewhere in the great city lies a fabled Demonblade. The exact resting place of the sword is unknown, but three triads each hold a map piece to reveal its location. Do the triads’ dirty work and claim the maps one by one… Then, you may rise to vanquish an ancient demon responsible for the deaths of your kin.

Features
    • 20 action-packed, tactical stealth-missions
    • Sneak, steal, knock out guards & disappear to the shadows again
    • Explore the city’s underworld and its inhabitants
    • Experience a thrilling storyline
    • Immerse into the atmosphere of the medieval Japan

You can also follow our official development blog
    ...or follow us in Facebook or Twitter

2. visitor

visitor Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Looks cool

3. BoogieGames

We made a short update to our devblog

You should check it out to get a clearer picture of what we are doing

4. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This looks good :D

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    This looks very nice looking forward to a Gameplay video!

6. BoogieGames

Ninja is a heavily story driven game. Find out a little about our narrative design process from here

P.S. We're working on some features, after which we'll make a gameplay video for you.

7. BoogieGames

Hello again.

We're working on a HUD for Ninja. The things that are necessary to show to player are:

• Health
    • Light (is the ninja in shadows or not)
    • Inventory

We were first going to make separate HUD icons for each of them. The idea for the light indicator was a lantern/candle, with the flame increasing/decreasing according to light. However, we decided to make just one element to show it all. Here are three different mockups, and we would like to hear your opinions on which is the best. Let's call them A, B & C You can also explain why / why not (to one or all), or suggest something entirely else. Bear in mind, that this is an iOS game.

[​IMG]

A little explaining might be in order. Any yellow bar indicates light, green is health. In the middle design, the light is shown with increasing/decreasing glow on the dragon.

Also, all of these designs are mock-ups, and do not represent the final design.

8. BoogieGames

I just wanted you to know, that a new blog post is up.

It's about UI, GUI and HUD

9. BoogieGames

Here's a little concept art for you:
    [​IMG]

Check out more about our character design from our devblog

10. BoogieGames

[​IMG]

This week we're working hard to make the game look amazing for the upcoming NGC. check out the blog for more info.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Any chance of iPhone/iPod/Universal support? It would dramatically increase your prospective audience.

12. BoogieGames

Most likely there will be an iPhone & iPad mini version also. iPod in not in our plans, but we'll look into that.

13. stooone

stooone Member

Dec 9, 2009
    awesome

wonder what game engine is used.

Thanks,
    stooone

14. BoogieGames

Hi stoone

We're using Unity as our engine. Therefore porting is not an issue really. We have planned to port the game at least to PC after the initial iOS launch in December. That is, if Ninja seems to gain any kind of popularity. Otherwise it won't be worth our while. Theres no point beating at a dead horse.

However, we have a good confidence that it will be noticed by the players interested in stealth games and who look for a console gaming experience for their mobile devices. What do you think, is Ninja something you might consider buying? (naturally, you haven't seen any gameplay videos yet. We're working on that.)

15. BoogieGames

Wanna know what kind of team is making Ninja? Check out the blog

As always, any and all feedback is appreciated

16. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Wow! This looks really cool.

17. BoogieGames

Ninja has gone through a lot of changes. Read the Post Mortem about our trip to Nordic Game Conference here.

We should have a gameplay video coming up for you pretty soon.

18. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting my stealth games thread. I had never heard of this game, but from what I've read on your site, it seems like it could be the IOS stealth game I've been looking for.

One question: will we have to stick to the ground or can we climb onto rooftops to avoid detection?

Either way, this game is definitely on my watch list now

19. BoogieGames

As in all good stealth games, you can find your own route to the target from multiple options; be it on the ground, on the rooftops, or even through sewers in some levels.

I'll be happy to answer any further questions, and take feedback.

20. BoogieGames

[​IMG]

Yet again, a new blog post. It would be nice to have a dialogue of sorts either here or there or anywhere. I'd appreciate feedback and criticism.

Until next time ♥