[Official] Rayman Jungle Run – 20th September 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Sep 6, 2012.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

"Rayman Jungle Run is coming to iOS and Android on September 20th, and it runs on the same UbiArt engine that Rayman Origins used. In other words, it's going to be a bit gorgeous."

Greetings from Montpellier, France! We are the Rayman Production Team here to give you an update about our latest project. After months of production with Pastagames, we are happy to announce that Rayman Jungle Run is coming to iPhone and iPad!!

The game is powered by the same UbiArt Framework engine that brought you Rayman Origins - Winner of multiple Game of the Year and Platformer of the Year awards.
    Rayman Jungle Run is easy for all ages to pick up and play, but challenging for the longtime Rayman fans to master. You can also unlock the Land of the Livid Dead levels if you have the skills.

The game features:
    Graphics enhanced for Retina Display
    40 levels of platforming action
    Smooth touch-based controls
    Exclusive wallpapers to unlock for your device
    Supports Multiple Cloud Game Saves
    GameCenter Leaderboards

Controls. Rayman automatically runs, the player simply taps to jump and hover.

The game will be released on September 20th on the AppStore. As mobile gamers, we had a blast working on it and we hope you will have a blast playing it too.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
  3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#3 killercow, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    This is really awesome, the ubiart engine is amazing. But looking at that trailer makes me think that the game doesn't have any controls other than jumping and punching. It does seem like rayman is always moving forward... I Hope that's not the case :)

Update: From this website it is confirmed that rayman is always loving orward with no directional movements.
    http://www.gameblog.fr/news/30952-rayman-jungle-run-deboule-sur-iphone-et-ipad
    It's also made by a French Studio with the help of Michel Ancel himself and will feature 4 worlds, 40 levels and every world will offer ifferent controls like flying. It's out september 20th for 2,39€!
    Looking forward to it, and if it's retina display on the ipad...

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Damn I thought that this was an endless runner, oh well, looks amazing regardless, probably buying

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

6. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Awesome, my favorite part about Rayman Origins were the "don't stop running" levels because of the way everything falls perfectly in place around you. Hopefully this game will have the same. Hopefully they add an endless mode later, but I'll probably pick it up regardless.

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I looked at touch arcade and I ......

Jizz'd in my pants.

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Unfortunately it's not an endless runner (I know I'll get a lot of hate for this sentence :D)

9. Really dig Rayman Origins. This is going to be awesome!

10. MrDod

MrDod New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    This looks incredible.... super excited for this one.

11. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    The trailer looks great, Insta Buy for me :D

12. Ubisoft

Ubisoft Member

Feb 23, 2012
    [Official] Rayman Jungle Run – 20th September 2012

Greetings from Montpellier, France! We are the Rayman Production Team here to give you an update about our latest project. After months of production with Pastagames, we are happy to announce that Rayman Jungle Run is coming to iPhone and iPad!!

The game is powered by the same UbiArt Framework engine that brought you Rayman Origins - Winner of multiple Game of the Year and Platformer of the Year awards.
    Rayman Jungle Run is easy for all ages to pick up and play, but challenging for the longtime Rayman fans to master. You can also unlock the Land of the Livid Dead levels if you have the skills.

The game features:
    • Graphics enhanced for Retina Display
    • 40 levels of platforming action
    • Smooth touch-based controls
    • Exclusive wallpapers to unlock for your device
    • Supports Multiple Cloud Game Saves
    • GameCenter Leaderboards

The game will be released on September 20th on the AppStore. As mobile gamers, we had a blast working on it and we hope you will have a blast playing it too.

Here are some screenshots and a teaser video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Wow thanks Ubisoft!!

This was certainly a surprise out of nowhere!
    This looks instant buy BUT we are afraid of controls ... again. :confused:

These platform games are aimed at playing with the traditional control like console controllers. I don't know how it's gonna work with only the touch screen.

By the way Ubisoft, what happened to Might&Magic: Clash of Heroes??? We are waiting for this as well! It's a classic game. :)

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    They will work perfect? As proven already by many iOS developers already... And probably will be or one tap or gestures controls.

Welcome to the forums Ubisoft, always welcome :)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just hope it isnt tilt left or right to move coz that would be disappointing. LOL.

Should be instabuy otherwise.

16. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    despite all the trailers and screenshots this is secretly a city builder game :)

17. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    With the amount of time and energy I poured into Origins on my Vita, this will probably be an insta-buy for me too.

18. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    i dont know but i feel that i will buy it on sept 20.:) maybe because i love rayman..LOL

19. Reminds me of my old pocketpc, man, rayman was a great game back then. Look forward to the release!