Is Rolando 2 worth the price?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cain141, Jul 8, 2009.

1. cain141

cain141 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Hey All,

I hope there isn't already a thread on this, I didn't see one at least. I was looking at the reviews for this and they are all amazingly positive, but then I saw the price at 9.99$ (more than tripple most games).

Is this game really worth that price? I just bought my iPhone, how long should we expect to wait for that price to go down?

2. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    I asked dis same question in the thread lol but I think it's on page 2

3. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    first time i saw the price i had second thoughts about buying it too, but then i decided to do that and i can tell you its definitely worth it! really fun game, many features, many fun levels and funny characters. its worth it trust me

4. cain141

cain141 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Thanks. Is it worth Picking up one as well or should I just skip it and go for 2?

5. doodles

doodles Member

Jun 23, 2009
    It's a very nice game. As an unemployed middle-class living in North America, $10 is a reasonable price for me. So there.

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  7. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    i'd just get 2

8. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    Actually, I recommend both. While 2 is better, Rolando is probably my second favorite app. Both are worth $16 bucks total, trust me.

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    It may be worth it, but I am not willing to Pay that $10, that also does not mean that i'll get a crackd version or something..

I am w8yn for a price drop on 1 & 2 both... I am fine even if I get it when R4 or Rx is out..
    Its just about what you want & when you want it.
    I have seen peeps spend so much money on games as they want it the moment they are released, I am the other kinda fella.

10. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Smart but some people... Like reviewers can't wait aha

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    True, the Talentd folks have that strength in da words which can sell products to many others..

Also, the Reviewers get Promo Codes n Gift cards from the Developers as they are indirectly being helpd... we ain't Famous lyk 'em, iReview.
    Nor are we immensely Talented which would give us such opportunities.

Hats off to the Reviewers!

12. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yeah we may get promo codes and gift cards from some developers but when we need a big title straight away (a.k.a Rolando 2) or do not know the dev then we also buy the games.

Since I became a reviewer in January I found myself more addicted to buying games, spending an average of $50+ a month for my personal gaming pleasure

13. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I bought Rolando at full price when it first came out, but never got around to finishing it.

I've decided to spend my time on Rolando first, and when the enevitable pricedrop comes to Rolando 2 I'll pick that up.

I've spent SOO much money on games these past few months, and I haven't had time to play all of them anyway.

I definately want Rolando 2, but I'm pretty much covered in the game arena for the time being ;)

14. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    They won't drop the price I wouldn't think - not with Rolando 3 coming along reasonably soon. Rolando 2 is a little pricey, but it is a quality app and worth the money. I would suggest though buying Rolando 1 for 5.99 and if you like that then think about the second. In some ways I actually liked R1 better, and I think it is a more challenging game. The 2.5D of R2 left me a little cold and I don't really like the finger controlled weapons, they change the way you play the game away from manipulating the little guys. The vehicles (rolling spikey cage and zipline) were a neat addition however. If the online Plus + aspect of R2 excites you then that would be a big bonus.