[BETA] Announcing Skiing Yeti Mountain - Top Down Skiing Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Featherweight, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Featherweight, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone.

We're looking for some testers for our upcoming game Skiing Yeti Mountain which will be hitting the app store next month.

You may of seen Carter's preview of it earlier today but if not you can check it out here: http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/17/skiing-yeti-mountain-preview/

DESCRIPTION:
    Skiing Yeti Mountain is a top-down extreme-slalom adventure about the search for cryptozoology's greatest prize. Carve your way through hundreds of levels with touch controls so good you'll forget you're on the couch. Weave through trees, skid over ice, launch off cliffs and get to know a cast of bizarre locals as you make your way down Yeti Mountain. All handcrafted for your phone to create the ultimate skiing experience on mobile.

FEATURES:
    Tight touch controls specifically designed for intuitive & precise carving
    [​IMG]

Hundreds of bite sized slalom tracks to complete
    [​IMG]

A mountain of challenge tracks to master
    [​IMG]

A cast of bizzare characters to meet
    [​IMG]

A Yeti to find?
    [​IMG]

Teaser Trailer:

www.skiingyetimountain.com
    (or you can PM us an email address to invite if you prefer)

Cheers,
    Dylan - Featherweight Games

2. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Looks fun, nice art also. The jumps look fine to go off of, and I like how the sound of skiing stops playing when you go off the jumps, it gives it some suspense :)

Good luck!

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This looks super duper fun! Just signed up! Looks really nice! I'm still waiting for a good top down skiing game since Alpine Boarder isn't on iOS (I loved that game on Android).

Many a cool feature to think about: Alpine Boarder has a track builder where players could build there own tracks and other players could play them. That would surely increase longlivity. But probably too much work to include #. Just an idea if you want to add a cool feature in the future.

4. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #4 fabianb, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Holy cow! This game is good! # I just played the beta (btw thanks for the quick invité guys!). Wow, it plays so smooth! Really really nice job. When I started playing this morning, I unlocked the challenge mountain in one run. It's pretty addicting. Also, it really feels you are actually skiing, it feels great.

I got another suggestion for you, just one to remember for expanding the game. What about races to the finish with other skiërs (AI)? Is that possible with the current game?

Btw, I'm actually really curious if you guys played Alpine Boarder, I was really hooked to that one when I had an Android years ago. It also had simple graphics but that gameplay was so good!

Anyway, keep developing guys! I haven't run into any bug yet, playing on an iPhone 5s.

5. Roach

Roach Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Making games and teaching game design
    Vancouver, BC
    Just signed up for the Beta, looking forward to playing it :)

6. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Currently at level 125 (all gold medals). # Addicting as hell ghehe.

7. nxtboyIII: Thanks!

fabianb: Thanks for the kind words, really glad you're enjoying it! We haven't played Alpine Boarders but I'll make sure to check it out. And thanks for the update suggestions, we've got a couple of ideas of things we'd like to try with updates but nothing set in stone until we release and see what the player response is like so always happy to hear suggestions from the players.

Roach: I've sent out the next set of invites so hopefully you should have got one sent to you, let us know how you go!

8. afro-can

afro-can Member

Apr 20, 2015
    First of all, thanks for the opportunity . I have one suggestion , I feel a little out of control , with one finger control , there is a possibility ,of use to finger to control , ( right I'm thinking in the kind of control of dudeski ) , thanks again , the game looks fantastic

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Looking forward for playing the game. :)

10. kronetgames

kronetgames Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Marketgin and Game design
    Ukraine
    Looks so cute, i am impressed so much! Good luck with your project!

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #11 fabianb, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Out of control? o_O No way.. You can't be more precise with this control system. Although the only way I play it is to keep 1 finger at the screen at all times, don't use the swipe control (that one DOES suck)!! I hated that one :D. Only left or right controls would really break the game (or realistic skiing feeling). I love the way it is right now.

Currently at level 201, and only gold medals #. I'm so insta-buying when this game comes out. I don't mind playing it all over. It just feels like real skiing (and the graphics doesn't break that feeling).

Btw, you guys are cool centurions # (@your video on your website). Is the (bit lonely) art guy working on this game too?

12. No we ended up deciding that we wanted to try making a game without getting in an external artists, so all the art in this game is just done by Tim and myself. Yosha (the artist in that video) is making the trailer for this game though.

For anyone interested, this is the video he's talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMtfxovZunE

13. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Ghehehe those retro colors of my ski dude #

Attached Files: