Universal GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    I'm absolutely loving this game! The price is nothing compared to the quality here. I bought RR2 too but haven't even touched it because Ghost Trick sucked me in. I hope we get great ports in the future.

2. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    The quality of the game is absolutely stellar. Finished chapter 1, pretty damn good!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, it happens... :( what I did was go to the YouTube app and turn the sound bar off. Hopefully that will do the trick...

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #104 kioshi, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    This game is so freaking awesome, I bought the full version without thinking twice after playing the two free chapters.

The animations remind me of Killer 7, a game I'd easily pay 10 bucks if it was released for ios.

Edit: I just read some 1-yr old reviews from the DS versions and more than one website stated this game had the best animations they've ever seen on a 2D game, so I guess I was not delusional in finding them so fantastic.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I really like how there are some cel shaded models for more animation and movement on the screen. Really brings the game to life. I thought it would be still images like in Phoenix wright. Thank you capcom for doing something right! Now bring us a 3d version of sf4! I know the iPad 2 can handle it!

6. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Cant wait to grab this when I get home! :)

7. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    This game is fantastic so far. Played through the first chapter and loved it. Instantly bought the other levels. At $9.99 from what I've seen myself and what I've read from others, this game is an absolute steal.
    This along with Reckless Racing makes for a pretty good week. Well, good for gaming, bad for my wallet. :p

8. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #108 Nudgenudge, Feb 2, 2012
    OBJECTION!
    [​IMG]
    While this game is very very good, you cannot beat the charm of my spiky hair!
    You'll see when my trilogy gets released!

[​IMG]
    Also, Sissel is gonna put me ouf of a job if he cancels every murder case...

9. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

I have already played the entire trilogy, and I stand firm on my statement that Ghost Trick is better.

[​IMG]

And have you forgotten how your hair got so spiky in the first place?

10. Nudgenudge

Feb 10, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Oh come on, while I can admit that the animation is superior, it lacks the charm and zaniness of our setting! You don't see Jean Armstrong or Wendy Oldbag in Ghost Trick!

[​IMG]
    And we used dead people for solving mysteries before it was cool. Remember the Magatama? Mia coming back from the dead at least a dozen times?

11. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Do you really want these people in your games? :rolleyes:

12. Nudgenudge

Feb 10, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to deliver my verdict now: Ace Attorney may be more fun and usable on forum threads, but Ghost Trick is the more solid game overall.

I rule in favor of Ghost Trick.

[​IMG]

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ lol you guys rock. never get tired of PW gifs.

btw, i vote for PW :)

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I vote for Capcom.

15. Steveori

Steveori New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Nice! One of my favorite games for the DS.

:D

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I sold my DS and all of my games to a friend just before this game came out a while back.

Now, i get the game cheaper at half the price the DS cart was. F**k yeah!

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I haven't exactly been the biggest "iOS CAPCOM" fan for the last couple of years, but with this, Mega Man X and the upcoming Phoenix Wright 123 HD, I think I've had a change of heart. If there's anyone here who's downloaded this, hasn't had/played it on DS and hasn't forked over those $9.99 to CAPCOM...well, they're just plain insane!

18. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #118 EightRooks, Feb 2, 2012
    Oddly enough, I don't like Phoenix Wright much - beat the first game, tried the second, just got bored - but I liked the free chapters here enough to pay for the full unlock. It still has some of Phoenix Wright's problems - it's an interactive cartoon, basically, and I wish the developers would admit that and make it easier on people. No text speedup, no skipping dialogue... ugh. Still, it looks fantastic (despite the odd low-res asset and the bar to the right to stop them having to expand the screen), and I dunno... the game world here just appeals to me a lot more. Same daft character designs, but the weird art (like a Japanese pop culture take on 40s or 50s cartoons) feels much more interesting to me, and if the puzzles are essentially just picking your way through linear sequences of events at least they're clever, and entertainingly insane. :D

EDIT: Although! One really, really annoying bug which I hope I'm not the only one getting, so Capcom fix it - the saves don't seem to work. Whenever I load the game up and choose to continue, it keeps starting me at the first save point. I I like the game, but not so much I want to play the entire thing every damn time I fire it up... especially not with the text crawling along and no way of skipping any cutscenes.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, saying no to the first prompt, then choosing continue from the opening menu seems to work. Bizarre. Still seems like a bug, if not quite as serious as I first thought.

19. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    What a fantastic port! This renders so much better on my iPhone than on my 3DS. Loving it

20. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    For some reason when I try to buy more chapters I'm getting a "cannot connect to itunes store" message, even though i'm on wifi and can connect to the app store using the regular method. Anyone have an idea why?