iPad SPACE CHICKEN - Beta Testers Wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TruthSHIFT, Mar 10, 2014.

1. TruthSHIFT

TruthSHIFT New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    [​IMG]

Hello Touch Arcade,

Originally conceived as sequel to the film Gravity, SPACE CHICKEN is a game about a chicken that's having a difficult time navigating the perils of outer space. Also, there are spikes. Don't let the chicken touch the spikes.

I'm looking for beta testers to help me play test the game. If you have an iPhone running at least iOS 7.0, please sign up here:

http://tflig.ht/NWnXqF

All testers will receive a promo code for a free copy of the game once it's released.

Thanks for your help,
    Aaron

2. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Hey, my name's Aaron. Just for that, and because I love chicken, I'll apply. :)

3. Warbird1500

Warbird1500 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    #3 Warbird1500, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Applied for the team. If accepted, impressions to come

4. Warbird1500

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    Played the game today. I can see that the game is early on, as there isn't a 'shop' yet, and there aren't leaderboards either (at least, the buttons were grayed out for me). However, I had some fun with this game. I think many perceived the game to be another 'flappy clone' , but I'm here to tell you if this was your initial thought, you are in fact wrong. There are spikes on the left and right sides of the screen, sometimes horizontal, but most of the time vertical. Your character (who I will call 'Space chicken' for now) will go right, until he hits the wall, then bounces to the left, until he hits that wall (but if you are not controlling him, he's probably already dead). You tap to make him change directions, all the while avoiding spikes and gathering corn stalks for the shop (which, again, isn't available yet). And occasionally, gathering eggs, for a bonus of 5 corn.

And I haven't even mentioned the song. The song you hear while you play could not be more fitting for the chill, space environment you're floating in. Never mind the deadly fields of spike balls. There is some really cool music going on in the background. I would definitely float around space listening to that song.

The game is really good, and I haven't found a negative thing to say about it. I'm glad I was accepted, and I wish you luck through development and release!

5. TruthSHIFT

TruthSHIFT New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you, Warbird!

I'm grateful that you took the time to play and review the game. Your feedback is very helpful and I'm glad that you enjoyed playing the game. This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Also, I'm happy that you enjoyed the music. Can you believe that my wife hates that song?

Thanks again,
    Aaron

6. Warbird1500

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    I bought the sheep..that's about all I did, since I had little over 200 corn when the update hit today. Gonna have to save up for the water level, but the sheep's difficulty is like ridiculous. Makes it kinda fun. Along with corn like EVERYWHERE. Great update!

7. TruthSHIFT

TruthSHIFT New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you for the feedback, Warbird. More updates coming soon!