Some interesting apps for electric musicians and DJs on sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#1 Habakuk, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    I am not the dev—just passing the info. Now put on your good headphones:

Native Instruments iMaschine (Beat Sketchpad)
    $4.99 -> $1.99

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Bought it (without IAPs) and it sounds just great (tested on iPhone 4 with Sennheiser and AKG headphones). Runs fine on iPad 2 as well (although not a native iPad app) in 2x view mode.

Look at the dev's website for tutorial videos, sound demos and forums.

Mobile Music Workstation BeatMaker 2 (Universal-App)
    $19.99 -> $9.99

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Second sale like this, the first one in May lasted five days. From their website: "BeatMaker 2 is available for only $9.99 during Thanksgiving and Black Friday only!" The app was published in Feb 2011.

iSequence HD for iPad
    $14.99 -> $2.99

All-time best price for the first time. Published in May 2010, eight updates, the last one a month ago. There is an iPhone version (not on sale) and a free iPhone Lite version. Additional instruments via In-App Purchase (bought the Trance sounds). Sounds great!

By the same dev: Hyper modern Sunrizer Synth with versions for iPhone/iPt ($5.99 => $.99) and iPad (€7.99 => €1.59).

Look and listen:

algoriddim's djay
    iPad app 50 % sale

Highly recommended! Second sale since Dec 2010. Extremely fast on iPad 2. The iPhone version is always $.99—not only an amazing deejay tool (w auto beat matching) but simply the best iTunes music player.

All this is very good for game developers! Try to make some fresh music (and effect sounds) for your game instead of taking the usual ever-repeating four sample bars out of the XCode free archive.

2. Habakuk

#2 Habakuk, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  3. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Thanks for the compilation. I'm eyeing the djay app since I got my pad but also the baby decks since my primary purpose would be toying around for beat juggling and scratching, I'm really digging the torque on the baby scratch which is free I believe,... My main issue with the baby decks is that there is no sticker to place on the "vinyl" so I'm leaning towards djay. 50% is very tempting as well...

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've got the iPhone version of iSequience, and just bought BeatMaker2...

Knew I should have held off though, just can't get the same kind of sounds as you can with a keyboard and most plugins... oh well.

I guess it's alright for getting ideas out of your head while on the go.

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks for the list Habakuk!
    Already spotted some of these apps and will check the others now.

6. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Pretty neat collection. I already owned Nanostudio though...should I be eyeing any of these?

Gyrosynth is pretty cool. I got it a few months back but the novelty wore off since all the sounds I made sound like Bollywood. :/

7. Habakuk

Almost forgotten: iKaossilator by Korg—launch sale until Nov 30​

More info by Korg:

Tried it and it sounds and looks really great. Very good controls. Runs fine even on iPad 2 (in x2 mode).
    Highly recommended!

News about BeatMaker 2 (sale is over, I hope you got it):