Tempest for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by richmlow, Dec 9, 2008.

1. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if Tempest is coming out for the iPhone?

That would be a great retro game for Atari to port over!....What does everybody else think?

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I haven't heard anything about Atari porting Tempest but why don't you go with Vector Blaster instead?

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    yep, vector blaster is your best bet for now. not sure if an official port is coming

4. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    Yep...I know about vector blaster. But what I'm really looking for is Tempest. Vector Blaster has just enough differences and really does not capture the elegance of Tempest.

Having said that, the creator of Vector Blaster did a fine job with his game.

5. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Atari will more than likely continue to port all of the games they have rights to. It's not like they have anything better to do lol.

Personally, I think you can look here for guidance as to what they are willing to port: http://atari.com/us/games/atari_classics/psp

6. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    Quick FYI, the developer of Vector Blaster (Rude Scotsman) released a new game recently called Anytime Golf under the label Bork3D Games.

Here's the website: Anytime Golf: Magic Touch

7. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    if this is his real name, his parents were really cool people^^

lol

8. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    What happened to Vector Blaster? Anyone know why it's not in the App Store anymore?

9. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    They should port that jaguar tempest game which was said to be ki g of all tempests.