Sims 3 vs. New York Nights: success in the city

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chukwuka13, Jun 2, 2009.

?

SIms 3 vs. New York Nights: success in the city

Poll closed Dec 19, 2009.
  1. Sims 3

74.1%
  2. New York Nights: success in the city

25.9%
  1. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    For me its sims 3, but i don't have New York Nights: success in the city

2. Moggy_Lloyd

Moggy_Lloyd Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Web manager
    London
    I have both and Sims 3 wins by a country mile. New York Nights started off as being a very good game. It looks great, it's great fun to start with and the game works well. However, you realise very quickly that the game is unfortunately extremely shallow and short, and there is very little replay value. For me it was a wasted purchase. It offers no more content or game time than many 'lite' games. It's a shame because I started off really liking it and I really wanted it to have long-term appeal.

Sims 3 blows New York Nights out of the water.

3. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yeah new york city is very short..i was so surprised i finished the game just so suddenly

4. I don't own either but I am interested in both so I'll keep my eyes on the results. I'll admit that I was leaning towards New York Nights but something told me to not rush into it until Sims comes out so I can see the comparisons.

5. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I like both a lot. I will say that NY Nights is more of a casual game.

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #6 Big Albie, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
    I have both, and both are entertaining games in their own right. Personally, I prefer the cartoony graphics and bright colors of New York Nights, and it’s more ideal for those who want the experience of a sim without the long-drawn out process...I do wish it had the depth of The Sims 3. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants a super deep or complex experience, and New York Nights does a good job serving that audience. The Sims 3 is the straight 3D world which offers a more complex and evolving experience. While I know the game is targeted towards the casual gaming audience as well, remember we are still talking about a deeper time management experience which doesn’t necessarily appeal to everyone.

If length, depth and a more immersive experience are important to you, then The Sims 3 would be the obvious choice. If you’re looking for a sim with a more light-hearted, yet not so immersive experience, then New York Nights should fit the bill. Both games offers different types of addictive gameplay, and you just need to choose the one that fits your personal preferences.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    i loved new york nights but i agree its too short !

its a shame that there is not more involved because its well made and fun, just needs another story line added to it so that there are more than the 8 chapters involved

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i almost splurged and bought New york nights, but i waited, presumably for a price drop...esp if sims 3 was to hit, i can only imagine once it starts to drop in the rankings, overshadowed by sim3, the price would drop...at least that is position on why i waited....
    maybe they will add more content?

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    NYN is good on a normal phone. But let's not forget, this is no ordinary phone. I voted Sims 3 because it is a better game on this platform. NYN is still good, but why play it on a iPhone, when you can have Sims?

10. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Again, I love New York Nights so far, and it feels a bit more sandboxy. Still, it'[s a bit shallow in comparison to Sims 3, so the choice is simple.

I have both.