Settlers of Catan?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by INCyr, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the iDevice version of Settlers that's been announced. My guess is no, but I figured I'd start a thread for when the day comes that we've got more info.

(And yes, I have kolonists. It's good, but it's not the same - I have a few issues with it.)

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I haven't heard anything besides the announcement but i agree with you on Kolonists, it's not match against a faithfull settlers clone even though it's still decent

3. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Here's what it said on the official site.

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Summer's not over yet, just give it a little time. It's been like less than a month since the front page post; you need to learn to be patient.

5. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I'm not asking for it to be out NOW, I was just curious if there had been any update on the status or more details released. Patience comes in many flavors. ;)

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    My favorite is mint chocolate chip.

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I hate that kind. Mine is chocolate chip cookie dough.

8. geb

geb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I wonder when summer ends for Exozet :) I am dying for this game. Anyone heard anything?

I love Kolonists, but I just can't get past their mechanic for resources. I just like the dice thing better :)

-- Geb --

9. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Yeah, I've been playing a LOT of kolonists lately, although now that Civ Revolution is out, I might give it a shot (I've never played much of the Civ games, but I suspect I'd enjoy them.) But yeah, Kolonists just doesn't cut it - the fact that you can't trade, and the way resources are handled just... leads to too many problems. Your starting position becomes REALLY important, and the island is just too small for 4 tribes. But I've definitely gotten $2 worth of enjoyment out of the game, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a settlers knock off while we wait for the real thing.

10. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    So, now that summer is nearly over, anyone heard anything more about the official release of Settlers?

11. bdshort

bdshort Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I was going to ask the same thing, but I guess if someone really had new info, it would be posted here. I love this site anyway, as it's led me to some cool new games, but the real reason I check it every day is to see if Settlers has been released yet!

Sure hope it has online multiplayer support though.

12. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

They sent out their monthly news letter last week to people subscribe on the catan.com mailing list. They were actually asking for beta testers for the iphone version. I applied but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Here's a couple of screen shots they posted in the mailer.
    [​IMG]

13. bdshort

bdshort Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Wow, looks good. Wish I was a subscriber to the list, I'd definitely apply to beta test!

14. bdshort

bdshort Member

Sep 8, 2009
  15. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I got in, anyone else?

16. theishkid

Did you just get in today? I sent mine in last friday when the email came out and still haven't heard back.

17. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas

I got mine around 12pm, sent at the 8th

It prob depends on what you said, what did you say

18. theishkid

I just told them how much I enjoyed Settlers and how I've been playing for about 5 years now. And that I have also beta'd for several other applications and platforms.

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well I have never played catan and I gave them a quite a few reasons why I should beta test to support it (like 5 sentences)...hmm I guess they had too many that played it and wanted some newcomers maybe....

You also should have put more than your a fan and that you enjoy it as many probably already said that and it prob didn't stand out or maybe they are just late with your invite.

Also I told them i give great feedback if that helped at all

20. theishkid

Well what i put on here was not verbatim what I put in my message to them. I was just shortening it for boredom purposes. I went in depth with different games I had helped out on and things I had caught, etc. Also that since I have been playing the game for a while, the board, online, and xbox, so I would know what to expect. I'm sure there are a lot of people requesting to beta. I'm sure it goes by what you have to say as well as "drawing names from a hat".