Captain America: The Winter Soldier (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Feb 4, 2014.

1. What? You got to be kidding.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Nice! I know it's more time consuming, but I'm sure many others would love the option to play landscape as well. Are there plans for some of those new games to be able to turn the device to either portrait or landscape? Thanks for all your inside info!

3. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    The games that are in portrait mode will only be playable in portrait mode. It's just a design decision the Dev team decided to roll with! If it changes in the future though, I'll definitely let you know :)

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Cool. Thanks, Ryan. I really hope Marvel gets Gameloft to design an action/RPG experience for the forthcoming Avengers 2 movie. That whole Avengers Initiative Infinity Blade-like game was a huge flop. They didn't even add more than Capt. and Hulk. I've got more than that on my phone now thanks to Gameloft!

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
  6. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Correct, the game will be online all the time. As for when it will release, it's just a matter of getting it submitted and then approved. It's possible the game will be live tomorrow, so just keep an eye on the store.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Was hoping to see it pop up since I noticed early this morning the last Captain America tie-in movie game was pulled from the US App Store. But I'll go back to playing Amazing Spider-Man for a little bit and happily waiting.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  9. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I've been checking the AppStore/forums hourly, and nothing's turned up. Perhaps it won't come out today after all (or maybe it'll take another couple of hours. Who knows?).

10. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    We are still waiting on it to get approved for the AppStore right now. It's currently out on Google Play, so we are still hoping for a launch today. I'll let you all know when I hear anything new.

11. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks for the update, check App Store every hour

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang!

13. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yeah no problem. I'm going to do my best to check in on my email before I crash later on today if it hasn't gone live by then. I'll try and follow up that email check with a post as to whether or not the game is live as well :)

14. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'm getting reports from people in the Philippines that the game is now starting to appear. Definitely keep your eyes peeled!

15. Interesting. Eyes wide open.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Its out. Well, from New Zealand up as far as Europe anyway so I assume everywhere at this stage.