ishoot vs fieldrunners

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SLDROFHLA, Nov 7, 2008.

1. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    i don't know both look fun, however fieldrunners looks repititive, how is ishoot, thanks!

2. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    you don't have fieldrunners???
    I have played that game to death and the replay value is really high over and over
    Especially since we already know a major update is on its way.
    I hadn't tried ishoot yet.
    Too me fieldrunners looks better than ishoot just by reviews and screenshots and videos
    i am gonna get ishoot and see how it is.

3. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Thanks, tell me how it is, because I want to get one soon!

4. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I have and enjoy Fieldrunners, and I just got iShoot. I'll give you some impressions in a bit.

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Fieldrunners is such a good game! At level 99 I was defeated by helicopters, and when i was entering in my all time high score, IT CRASHED (this happened a few minutes ago, so it's fresh on my mind)

That's the only time it's ever crashed on me, but as a warning, it's very addictive and you'll want to play it constantly!

I wish one thing you could build was a wall to divert the helicopters!

6. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Well, after getting some first impressions of iShoot (I played through a 5 round game), I'm going to go ahead and say that both of these titles are recommendable.

Fieldrunners is, at the moment, the most polished (if you overlook the lack of sound) tower defense game. The graphics are gorgeous, and the core gameplay is fun and addicting. Being a typical TD game, this game entails using a variety of towers to hinder the passage of several waves of enemies to the other side of the map. Although it only has one map and four towers (each of which can be upgraded up to there times), it has a lot of replay value, featuring three different difficulty settings and 100 waves of enemies. Even if you beat the game, if you're into TD games, you could have fun experimenting with new strategies.

Actually, while I'm at it, I'm going to go ahead and recommend another TD game over Fieldrunners. Besiegement is a buck cheaper, and in my opinion, promises much more gameplay. It has several more towers than Fieldrunners (10, if I remember correctly) that can be upgraded up to 6 times. It also features a story mode and a challenge mode. With the story mode, as opposed to Fieldrunner's single map, you'll find a different map for every stage, with different enemies to suit that map.

iShoot's actually lot of fun. If you've ever played any of those cannon games (oh, the high school days of playing these games on TI-83s during math class), you'll know what to expect. I've heard this game compared ot some old game called "Scorched Earth" a lot. Essentially, you control a non-maneuverable tank, and, when it's your turn, you adjust the angle and power at which to fire your shot. Of course, your objective is to destroy the other tanks. iShoot's variety (and hence, much of its fun) comes in the form of a store. Before every round, you can choose from a variety of different weapons (something like 25 or more) to purchase and subsequently use against your enemies. These weapons are varied, from your typical cannonball shot (and more powerful versions of it) to an AOE nuke to "portable mountains" that you can fire to bury your enemies. Also worth mentioning is the "physics" of the game, such that if you shoot a cave beneath your enemy, the ground the enemy is on will fall to ground level. I can easily see myself playing this game time and time again with some friends, since it supports up to 4 human players.

All in all, I would recommend both of these games. However, if you had to pick one, I would pick iShoot, simply because you can have a blast playing it with friends. To be honest, I haven't played Fieldrunners in a while, because over time, it can get redundant.

I hope I helped!

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Why are you comparing two games that have NOTHING to do with one another? It's like comparing Tetris to Grand Theft Auto.

8. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    well I been playing ishoot for a day and its fun, it comes down to which type of game you like better, ishoot is like a scorched earth, worms type of game, lots of weapons to buy and play with. I would say get both. To me when fieldrunners gets the big update i'll play that more.

9. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    I agree with Izzy. These two games are not even in the same genre, so your decision would be based on which TYPE of game you prefer. I haven't bought Fieldrunners yet. It looks great, but I am waiting to see what the update adds before I give it a shot. I feel like that update has been coming for a long time, and just isn't being delivered. But if you are into Tower defense games, Fieldrunners looks graphically the best, but as others have mentioned, until the update, other games offer mroe variety at a lower cost. iShoot on the other hand is the best, most polished (and almost the only) game of it's type on the app store. If that is the kind of game you are into, then it is great. It will probably also keep you entertained longer based on others impressions of fieldrunners. Do you want to eat mexican food or Chinese food tonight? Dude, it just depends on what you like and are in the mood for!

10. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    this thread is over 2 years old......