iPhone Prison Architect: Mobile (by Paradox Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Maggio

Maggio Member

Mar 2, 2014
    The full game is very good to me.
    I have unlocked the full version that allow you the various missions plus the option to build up the prison without limitation; so far I never had any crash and works really smooth on Air2.
    I personally like that game very much, isn't always easy to built\place items on the ipad but after playing is becoming better the screen management.

2. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    It might be worth looking at steam reviews for input of people who have had longer to play in sandbox. I've bought the full unlock but I'm going through campaign steps where it is getting you used to situations that might arise. So example things are fires (arson), riots, escapes etc. You have a reports tab which shows you the concerns of prisoners etc. and I think that events will happen based on the prison facilities, but also settings (i.e there is a weather setting).

Will hopefully know more soon!

3. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    #43 jForsythe, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    I wish somebody would bring dwarf fortress out on iOS. What would be the closest we have for the iPad ATM.?
    I have CataclysmDDA and Brogue which both are pretty good.

p.s. Ohh forgot to say while on this version we get to choose if we want male or female while on PS4 you can't, don't know about the pc I'm guessing yes and liking the insane prisoners with the whole padded walls and all.
    Wonder how long till we get it for iOS.

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Well that sucks, they updated game to make it only run on 64bit. I am a little confused, i thought devs could update their apps to make them able to runs on either? At least the game is playable for me know but is a real bummer I cant update the it anymore.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Unfair to the folks who cant/wont be doing the ios11 update but no doubt going 64bit only makes for easier development time for the developer. Probably whats happening here and i would expect to see it all over the App Store in the next few months

6. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Does anyone else have the same problem with me? In the tutorial I ran the power lines to the electric chair and the cell. Then everything in the whole prison powered off (I assume as everything has the yellow lightning). The power station and capacitors also have yellow lightning and the power station itself also has a red lightning. I dunno what to do now!

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    It should be explained, but if not, I believe you need to build A few more capacitors, turn the thing off and then turn the thing on .

8. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Why "can't" someone update to iOS 11?

9. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Hardware restrictions could be can't, preferences could be won't ... I think.

10. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Thanks for clarifying and you're totally right. The following are devices that are supported by the game but won't be supported by iOS 11:

iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
    iPad23G-iPad23G
    iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
    iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
    iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
    iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
    iPadMini-iPadMini
    iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G

I buy iPads pretty frequently and use it as a gaming device. It's a shame that people don't get more miles out of them from a gaming perspective before they turn into... well, take your pick?

Expensive photo display. Encumbered camera. Kindle. Web browser. Etc.

At the end of the day, I don't think companies need to reverse engineer compatibility forever but it would Be nice (and apprexiated) for others that don't update their devices as frequently.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

There is a dwarf fortress remote app. It's actually easier to play than it is on a pc.

12. projectmoonlightcafe

Oct 26, 2010
    I put a few more capacitors by the power station but nothing new happened.

13. Eh my 2-yr-old(?) iPad Air 2 is still going strong, while my stupid laptop I spent even more on has been having problems since it was only a few months old. And I use the PC far less than I use my iPad.

14. projectmoonlightcafe

Oct 26, 2010
    Ok I figured out the tutorial. I am in the next scenario, where after the fire my whole prison is in the dark. Not sure why it's practically pitch black unless I move to utility mode. Tried adding a light here and there and doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? I wish they had a better help system. Thanks.

15. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    I think you have to connect the lights to the electrical grid via cables for them to work. Not directly connected, but around the same area. Hope this helps.

16. projectmoonlightcafe

Oct 26, 2010
    Alright, let me try that, thanks. The entire scene with the boss and his sons(?) were played in pitch black except for the polaroids...lol

17. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I never liked sims game
    Sim city, tycoon etc
    Will i like this one?played the trial version and it's great
    Will the sandbox mode will be very complicated?
    I'm on the fence on pushing the 14.99 button #

18. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Probably best to check some YouTube play throughs to check if you don't like Sims

19. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    Is anyone still having problems with it crashing wen tryin to load? I'm playing on an iPad Air 2