Synesthetic: Every song, a new experience [looking for playtesters]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alex Dantis, Mar 21, 2012.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    *Pant* *Pant* :eek:

Just finished my end of term tests!!! Thought I'd play this game by relaxing but WHAT THE HELL THE VISUALS ARE SO BUSY AND VIBRANT!!!

I scored 2076 points with one song on Wave mode :eek:.

Awesome and exhilarating rollercoaster ride with da intense songs :D.

Sent some stuff over pm.

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Arg! Missed the beta! Will there be another?

3. Alex Dantis

Alex Dantis Active Member

Mar 20, 2012
    The beta isn't closed, just follow the link on the first page and i'll send you the build later this day (first I need to squash a sneaky little bug).

Thanks to everybody participating, hopefully you're still having fun :)

4. Alex Dantis

Mar 20, 2012
    New build out with many improvements. Thank you for your feedback and if anybody else wants to join the test then by all means, please.

-Reworked UI
    -Minor tweaks to the rail and colors
    -Motion-blur adjustment option
    -Solved a crash that sometimes occurred at start-up
    -Some other tweaks I can't remember right now

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Wow! I'm an old guy and I just played this to a song called Fool's Overture from Supertramp, and it blew my mind! Chose that because of how the song speeds up, slows down, and gets louder and then quieter again and again! Just a fantastic different type of experience this game is! Definitely among my top five music games on this platform of all time! You gotta check this out! It's almost beyond description! Oh, man, I'm drooling again!

6. Alex Dantis

Mar 20, 2012
    I've just uploaded a new build (hopefully the last one), with quite a few improvements.

-the camera now predicts how the rail will turn and adjusts so you can better see where you're going ( please send me your opinions about this feature)
    -finally solved the start-up crash (I hope, I still couldn't replicate it)
    -solved a crash that occurred with some songs that included tracks that weren't audio
    -changed the description for Vibe from "relax"to "play"

Testers are still welcomed.

7. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    i signed up this games seems amazing just from the description

8. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Even though its a few days late, sent in my application.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  10. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Just tested Coldplay, and damn if it wasn't the most fun I've had with my music since beat hazard.

A few things though, I think it should be length, not lenght when talking about music duration, and there is a bug where it doesn't show how long the conversion is taking. When I hit the back button after awhile, and then hit the song again, it was converted.

11. Alex Dantis

Mar 20, 2012
    @DaGreen1

Good catch, that is one of the first UI elements I've added to the game so I forgot to spell check it (this would have been embarrassing). As for your second bug I'm afraid I didn't find an elegant solution to it so there is no conversion percentage. I'm trying to figure it out as I'm typing this but no promises.

@bigrand1 & @drelbs & @DaGreen1

I'm very glad you liked it, it means a lot for me to see that people are enjoying the game.

@everybody testing

Thank you very much for your help. It seems that the last big complaint is the game's UI so if you have any more suggestions related to it please tell me.

12. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    It wasn't so much of the percentage, as it was that it didn't automatically switch back when it was done. It was a guessing game for me, then again, I will state that it continued even when I switched to another program via the notification menu in iOS 5.1

I will say, it runs smooth on a iPod Touch 4th gen, 8gb, so I don't think you have to worry too much about slowdowns or performance issues on lower end devices like mine.

13. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    New update is going good. I haven't yet uploaded any new music to test it with, but hopefully it will work. Will Try tomorrow afternoon.

14. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Wow, I got sidetracked by life. Anyways, it looks good man. You fixed those graphical snafus that I had mentioned for retina displays.

15. Alex Dantis

Mar 20, 2012
    Hello guys, sorry for dropping off the side of the planet but I've been hard at work polishing the game. There is a huge list of improvements but the main ones are:

-I've changed the sound analysis and and rail generation algorithms (the game now syncs a lot better with most songs)
    -The game is now more colorful ( you can still tone it down)
    -I've added full retina iPad support
    -I've added a new effect to the background

+ squashed all known bugs and then some

If you haven't joined the beta yet and would like to help out then please join my Testflight group: http://bit.ly/FTxAKb .

I want to thank you for all your suggestions in the past (and sorry for not always replying to them) and I can't wait to hear some more.

PS: Check out the new gameplay trailer on the thread's main page.