iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Konakuer

Konakuer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Considering buying it for the actual price but does it really have ads? I wouldn't pay for that...

2. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah. Insta-deleted the first time I saw one. I don't care how good a game it might be.

3. Konakuer

Konakuer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    That really sucks... Too bad, also it's expensive again.

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I see no ads?

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Same here. Weird.

6. If you bought it before the last update there are no adds.

7. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I have this game for months and the last weekend is the first time I played. I like it and finished. xD

Sadly the achievement aren't not in the Game Center (bad implementation of part of EA) and no option to backup the savegame in iCloud.

8. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Would be nice if they added MFi controller support ;)

9. Hand76

Hand76 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Help on achievement.

Hey guys hoping you can help a new member out. I will start by saying I am playing this on an android phone but there are really no good forums for me to ask.

I am trying to get 100% of achievements and stuck on, Be Efficient.

It's the one where you have to remove the arm off of an exploder and use kineses to kill another enemy with the pulstle.

I can not figure out a way to do this. I have tried shooting and cutting around the arm but have yet to figure out a way to remove just the yellow explosive part.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Weird I've done it many times. Cut above the yellow, take your time even. Maybe try to cut as high as you can that's closest to the body. It's actually not too difficult. Just keep trying. I've even gotten those on accident. It's even more difficult to aim the arm to hit someone lol..

11. Hand76

Hand76 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    #1091 Hand76, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks for the fast reply. I have tried everything and nothing. Funny thing is after googling this problem the only other person with this issue was also an android user. Wonder if this is an old problem that got worked out on iOS but not android?

I have tried with plasma saw and plasma cutter (horizontal and vertical) I have hit everywhere you can on the arm but to no avail. Either he flinches or the pulstle explodes. I doubt it but wonder if game difficulty or weapon upgrades matter.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmmm that is so odd. I always shoot horizontally thought vertical might help here. However you tried both so I can't figure out what you're doing wrong. I'm leaning on a glitch but that just seems weird. I also roll with the plasma cutter (best weapon in the game imo) and everything cuts perfectly on iOS.

I'd actually have to install the game to retry it but I don't think you suck or anything. Since you're on Android you may be right about a glitch. Maybe someone else can chime in with their opinion. Sorry about that!

13. Hand76

Hand76 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks again dude. Yea I know what I'm doing just not happening lol. :)

Just tried cutting off the leg first to have them crawl around while firing the plasma cutter at it at a slightly different angle still no go.

Also tried killing them first and knocking off the arm while they are dead for 5 second before disappearing and nope nothing.

Just checked my version number and it's 1.1.41 so I doubt it's a bug or glitch they forgot about just don't know what it is haha.

14. Hand76

Hand76 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    #1094 Hand76, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  15. Hand76

Hand76 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    So the things we do for gaming ocd. :) This was the last achievment I needed and it was really pissing me off that it worked for some people and not others.

So I packed my .apk up downloaded an android emulator on my pc, threw on my save game file in an area with a bunch of exploders. And using just a mouse was able to stasis and tear the arm off the very first exploder one I came across.

Same apk just a different device and it worked. Freaky. Anyway thanks for the help guys. It was as easy as you all described.

16. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    How close is this game to the console story wise?

17. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It is set between Dead Spaces 1 and 2 and is in no way important to the story. If you want more Dead Space lore, go read the book, which was shockingly good.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That article says Mass Effect? I'm confused.

19. wookies1979

wookies1979 Member

Dec 23, 2013
    So EA not only aren't selling this anymore, but they are also lying that you can download it and it still works fully. Unless I am mistaken the sound effects and music are now no longer working on latest iOS.
    Just pathetic. Also all the items I'd purchased are no longer accessible at present.

That's it EA, no more of your thef. I'm not supporting any more of your IAP or games.

This was a benchmark game that they haven't surpassed.