Universal [Old Soft Launch Thread] RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch (by Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    Old soft launch thread

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    One of my accounts in NZ and I love this series so i downloaded and will give some feedback I'm going into thinking it will be like 4 but with better graphics and maybe more options but it's FTP so expect the same old as far as that goes.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

A Rollercoaster Tycoon game without micro-management, campaign, with a tutorial that treats you like you're an idiot and an editor that doesn't really work ain't no Rollercoaster Tycoon game to me.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Isn't that his game already out. I believe I paid $5 for it a year ago

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    You're probably thinking of this:

https://appsto.re/us/022h8.i

6. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I read earlier this year that Chris Sawyer retained the rights to the original, and is working on a full featured premium iOS version. I even saw a screenshot. I haven't heard a word about it since so no idea if this info is legit...

7. PROAPK

PROAPK Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    PROAPK CHANNEL
    This game has card upgrade system like Clash Royale lol

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There is one like this but it's worse and there's a full paid version too which is pretty decent but Planet Coaster is better than Roller Coaster tycoon these days anyway.

Anyway I've been playing and I like that there are management options and stats so it seems more than just placing pretty buildings. So far the card system is fine by me it gives me more to work for and do and adds some strategy to your upgrade plans, although of course it'll all depend how free to play it is if you can get it all in time or have to spend.

But so far I'm pleased it's not something you can play all day you check in periodically, if you want want you can play all day stop complaining and go and download Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well my park design is kind of poor at the moment but I can change that at some point but I'm getting quite a lot of cash in as some of my cards are upgraded a little and you can build multiples of some so I build those that can hold the most cash while your away. The game seems very reasonable finance wise so far at least, although I did increase my prices a little but I keep it on good value.

Not too keen on designing my own Coaster I'd rather have a prebuilt one really.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Anyone else still playing this one? I've been enjoying it personally. The card system is engaging with free cards and randomly generating quests. The custom track system, also two thumbs up, I can simply draw an oval and toss a few hills on it, or draw a track half way around my park going crazy and either way peeps seem to enjoy it heh. Initially I missed the more micromanagement aspects such as trash disposal and whatnot but... after a month of this game playing rollercoaster games 'with' the trash build up mechanic annoy me lol.

Two thumbs up.

Question about peeps though. Whats their purpose? The park seems to earn income no matter my peep count when not logged in to the game and every time I log in to the game my peep count for some reason resets to 2. Maybe a bug. Hmm.

Oh hey important. Do not attempt to log in to the game without an internet connection. If you do so you can't play and when you restore your internet connection alot of folks (myself included) are finding the game broken, refusing to get past the initial load screen. Doh!

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I'm not... it's not out in the US lol

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    True but there are a few rather serious game loss bugs circulating. Good thing its only softlaunch atm :)