how do you manage the space on your ios device?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chickdigger802, Dec 15, 2010.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    With all these new high budget games out this december, you do get low on space fairly quickly. Most of the games that came out today are over 300mb. I'm iffy on space with my 16 gb iphone 4, I bet ya kids with 8 gb ipods probably have it worse. How do you do deal with it? Do you try to beat all the large games on your device then delete them?

I use appbackup, but try to beat the larger games which usually isn't an issue because the larger games are usually gameloft games which tend to be kinda short (less than 5 hours). Except Eternal Legacy though. I guess I'll get to that later =P

2. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    32GB:p so I can have all my family guy episodes and FIFA 11 on the same device

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    64gb and I'm down to about 4gb although to be fair I do have a lot of films, books, and music on mine as well oh yeah and the whole wikipedia from when I thought space would never be an issue although I do find that very useful.

I've tons of games but with so many new good ones coming out I'm starting to run into problems myself I don't think I'll be upgrading until they start offering 128gb or higher models.

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    64gb and I have 20gb left. I do delete game once in awhile and I try not to keep too much music (have about 30gb).

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

As games are getting bigger, I am having to delete a lot of games. I was going to buy a bigger iPad but I want to wait until the second gen systems come out.

I was able to manage the space pretty well until December came.

6. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    what space?

[​IMG]

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I only have an 8GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch and I'm constantly having to decide what to delete. In fact, I now use my Samsung phone for my music playing needs. The Touch is just for my calendar and all games!

Although I opened a thread to whine about it, it's probably a good thing that some of the newer games won't run on it. I'd be going even more mad figuring out what to keep and delete.

8. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I usually remove movies. I had a bunch of movies on there, but I always find myself deleting one to make more room for apps and music. I have a 64gb and about 35gb of music. Now, I think I'll just put certain movies on when I actually want to watch them. For now I have 10gb free.

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    This is the reason why I got the 64G Touch. I got tired of constant finagling of games and apps and was starting to be a major chore. But now I've got plenty of room and whenever I boot up theres an echo.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I manage my space by having only 3 or 4 Gameloft games at once. When a new game comes out, I delete the oldest one. But, I'll never delete NOVA. Favorite game ever..........until Aralon comes out.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    32gb 4th gen, 20gb of the games have never been launched. App collecting is fun. Not sure how im gonna get through tonight though..that shits gonna add up to about 3 gb cause I'm buying everything. No idea how to clear 3gb.

12. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I conserve space by deleting the latest rail shooters that take up 1gb and replace them with games i actually wanna play (which surprisingly take up a lot less space) :)

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Deleted rage hd before I had the game for 40 minutes. What a waste of time downloading and installing.

14. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    You download them, but don't play them? Why? :p

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It tends to happen when you have no time and an unlimited budget. I try to play them, but I don't want to fall behind with new purchases..so yeah, I get more and more 'behind' with every game purchased.

16. skidbubble

skidbubble Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    It's pathetic that here we are in 2011 and we have to manage anything. Having to pick and choose and remove and delete songs, movies, apps, games, pictures, books, etc is a major inconvenience. They need to stop with these little piddly 32, 64 etc storage capacities. That just isn't enough. A five terabyte (tb) iPhone I think would be about right. I am old enough to remember when it was said that one megabyte is way more than anyone will possibly fill up in their lifetime. I think they need to start looking now at whatever comes after terabyte and start planning in that direction.

17. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Technology always expands at a gradual pace...

18. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #18 jecebn, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    When I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from my 32gb 3GS, I told myself to save money and just get the 16 gig because I could live without having ALL of my music on my phone. After about a month, I changed my mind and sold my 16gb iPhone 4 and bought a 32 instead. With all of the great releases over the last couple of weeks, I'm glad I did... I would hate to miss out on some of these games (or pick and choose which ones to keep) due to a lack of space.

That being said, with the newer releases being a higher quality and thus taking up more space, I still don't have enough room to keep all of my music on my phone :(

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I have no music anymore on my 32gb.

20. Alicia4065

Alicia4065 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Yeah I had to take off all my music to and carry my last generation Nano.