2 new games not working on 2.2.1

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mattyduk, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Hi

I've got a jailbroken 2.2.1 Iphone (and before anybody starts firing off pirate accusations, I only jailbroke it as I've bought so many apps on the appstore that I couldn't see them on the 9 screens of the springboard - yes I know you get 11 on v3. but it's still not enough !).

Anyway, I bought Dweebs yesterday, and today (along with real football), Must.Eat.Birds. Both games get me to the main play screen and then it kicks me back to the springboard.

I've tried rebooting the iphone and I've made sure that other games I've bought recently (including real football) work, and they do.

So looks like there's a new incompatibility being introduced which will force people to move to 3.0

I personally don't want to go to 3 yet because of issues I've heard about wifi and battery

2. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Must.Eat.Birds does that for me too. But I'm on 3.0 on an unjailbroken 3G. It's a bug with the app.

I don't know about the other one.

3. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    odd then, as lots of people seem to be enjoying it.

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i dont even use the 11 screens, i just use the spotlight search...its so fast, much fatster than flipping through the pages

5. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    yes, but I've had this setup since well before version 3 using quickgold on the jailbroken 2.2.1, you didn't have spotlight before version 3

I think I will wait for the dust to settle on version 3 before making the move across as judging by the forums in introduces not only new features but also some issues (and as someone who got caught out with 2.2.0, and it's failing to send SMS messages, I'm cautious)

6. Mobile Amusements

Mobile Amusements Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Mobile & Indie Games Developer
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Sorry you are having problems with Dweebs on your iPhone.

I can confirm that the app was compiled on latest Xcode IDE that supports OS 3.0 but is in fact compiled for OS 2.2.1 devices - the same goes for the free LITE version due out shortly.

It has been tested here on iPhone 3G OS 2.2.1, iPhone 3GS OS 3.0 and 1st Gen iTouch OS 2.2.1 & OS 3.0 and works fine, so not sure what your problem could be to be honest?

My only advice is to upgrade to OS 3.0 perhaps? or claim a refund.

Here are some free promo codes for Dweebs for any US readers...

33HWKNYEHPJK

WEHME9X6JN94

KTR7FM4MF63H

Best regards,

Adrian Cummings
    Founder and Owner
    www.mobileamusements.com

7. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    #7 mattyduk, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    thanks for the reply. As it was relatively cheap, I won't bother on a refund, and once I do eventually shift to OS3.0 without jailbreak, I'm sure it will work, although as a previous poster said, he is experiencing issues on a standard 3g Iphone V3.0 non jailbreak (with must.eat.birds).

cheers

Mat

8. swiftest

swiftest Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Thanks, grabbed KTR7FM4MF63H. Will post a review.

9. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    mattyduk: ok no problem.

swiftest: hope you like Dweebs - enjoy :)

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks, grabbed 33HWKNYEHPJK, will review in a bit! :)

11. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Anyone else had a problem like this mentioned above with Dweebs on their device?

12. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    well it could be anynumber of things on my device. Quickgold (similar to spotlight) has been know to interfere with games as has Sbsettings (enables you to quickly change volume, turn wifi on etc, without having to delve into the settings menu).

Looks like I'm going to have to go with version 3.0 anyway, as some new apps aren't working (Grunts for example)

hopefully dweebs will work then.

cheers

Mat

13. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #13 Mobile Amusements, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Thank you for the update.

To date we have had one other complaint that it did'nt work on OS 3.0 on it's first boot on an iPhone 3G, however this user was attempting to download another app when Dweebs was loading. After a device reboot it worked without problem and ran as expected.

We can only assume in these 2 cases to date that memory fragmentation may be the cause given the app is quite big as compared to our other apps - but that is just a guess.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

[Edit: The smaller free LITE version of Dweebs should be out any day now also.]

14. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Dweebs LITE invades App Store!

http://tinyurl.com/DweebsLITE

Plus V2.0 PAID version on it's way (latest new recompile for OS 2.2.1 upwards).

15. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    #15 mattyduk, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    so when you say it is a new compile are you saying that the old version wasn't for os2.2.1 upwards ?

I noticed that Must.Eat.Birds had an update at the weekend and that was the only other app I've had issues with, and now that works.

Looking forward to the update :)

One last thing, just tried the lite version and that works fine.

16. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Given that this particular app was built and sent in for approval just before Apple released the final build of the sdk for OS 3.0 on June 17/18th, it was actually built on the 'beta' 3.0 beta SDK for 2.2.1 devices.

Since then it has of course come to light, that this in itself can cause some potential random bugs. Therefore as with LITE version, it has been rebuilt on the 'final' 3.0 sdk for 2.2.1 devices and released again... which will take approx 2 weeks to appear on the App Store no doubt?

There are no bugs, or memory leaks in this app and it runs perfectly even on 1st gen hardware... so it basically has to be the beta build problem above with respect to it not working on some devices, be they 2.2.1 or 3.0.

17. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    thanks for the explanation. As soon as the update arrives I'll give it a go and review.

cheers

Mat

18. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #18 Mobile Amusements, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Dweebs will be 100% FREE soon (with some easily ignored advertising) as will one other title.

Cheers,

www.mobileamusements.com

19. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
  20. Mobile Amusements

Mar 27, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Notice:
    Please reboot (power off/power on) your device should you experience any loading problems with this App.

We are aware that some potential players have had trouble running this app. A newer improved smaller memory footprint version with new data loader (v5.0) is already on it's way, which should help fix this hopefully for those that have had a problem with it to date.