Universal Pocket RPG - (by Tasty Poison / Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I am currently playing the game with the mage but now I am stuck. I guess its chapter 5 where you have to fight a bigger orc who tells you that he doesnt like your face and even his master doesn't. After killing him I continue following to the north where some smaller enemies appear when you have to cross the lava using the stone blocks. There is a door at the end of the room but it is still locked, even when I kill every enemy in this room. The stone blocks are broken, so there is no way to go back. I tried shooting everywhere, nothing happens. I replayed the level 4 times, tried to rush through the enemies, tried to walk slowly, but that damn door always is locked.

Is there any way so that I can continue with the mage? Had a lot of fun so far, but this is really frustrating.

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Make sure you walk around as much as you can and that you can't trigger any more monsters to come out of the lava. I had that happen before, but then got one or two little guys to pop out, killed then, and the way opened up.

3. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    #323 ProXy, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    There is not much space where I could walk along :)

But I will do a last try. Thanks for the answer..

Edit: nope, no more monsters even after running circles for 10 minutes..this is really frustrating :(

4. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Have you tried shooting/attacking the door? Some doors have bars but they are destructible - if this was the case, it would look locked until you hit it.

5. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Yeah, I really shot everything in this place..but nothing unlocks the door. I will keep trying to fix it tomorrow.. :)

6. BallsToTheWall

BallsToTheWall Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I got a question, is Pocket RPG that's going to be launch on September 1st going to be compatible with iPOD 2G??

7. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Sadly, I am still stuck in the same room. Hope there will be an update soon, that will fix this issue.. :(

8. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Start the game, hit pause, go to the main menu (I can't remember exactly what it says here - you may have to quit the game or sometnibg like that), start new quest (not resume), then choose the same character. You will lose progress in that particular quest but that is all. It will randomly create a new map so you will not have the same bug or quirk - but you still keep all your other progress with that character. There are three save slots - one for each character - so at any time you can do this to try out the other characters too.

9. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Hey, Mr. Grizzly, thanks fot that advise. I thought starting a new game will delete all progress but I only had to replay the current quest. This time, there was no closed door and I managed to complete it.

Thanks for this trick..

10. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Has anyone gotten the achievement for completing a game using only your base weapons? I played a whole quest without changing weapons, but did not get it. Do I have to play through all seven quests to achieve this - or just one? If just one, there may be a bug.

Anyone defeat a boss under level 9? That must be hard to do because just quickly working your way through the maps and fighting the mini bosses and their minions levels me up past nine before I get to the end boss or while I am fighting him.

11. ProXy

ProXy Active Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I guess game means every 7 quests, but this seems to be quiete hard.

And even if I try not to level up, I always end around level 12 because there are to many little monsters you just have to kill. Some achievements seem a little bit too hard. Complete a game without being hit...lol.. :)

12. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    You could probably do it with the archer if you had everything maxed out. I finished a map without being hit once - as the archer was able to hit everything from a distance. I am really lousy at doing the special attacks for the archer though.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm curious why the description for Aralon on iTunes says that Pocket RPG is going to "released" on 9/1 and at 66% off. Is that just some old, mistaken text, or are they saying that it will be on sale for 66% off on 9/1? I'm hoping it will be in any case.

14. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I think maybe they're referring to the iPhone version.

15. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Does anyone want to give me a hint for how to deal with the boulder in the Temple of Doom level? :)

16. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    awesome game guys. i thought i'd play this for a bit then the novelty would pass, but it keeps pulling me back. fantastic game.

17. IssacFrost

IssacFrost Member

Jul 2, 2010
    #337 IssacFrost, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    The Blade Master is OP'd. Just master doing his Ground Smash and timing Powerful Strikes with Rage and monsters get obliterated bossess included. I spec for Criticals, Fire, Explosion, Immolation and Vampiric Auras.

Rampage Upon Leveling does not seem to do what it says I have not noticed any regenerating effects nor do I notice any upgrades from Greater Rage.

Blade Master, to me, is quite powerful and easy to use if you can master his skills. All you do is wade in, slash anything that moves and Ground Smash/Powerful Strikes them to oblivion, bossess included. The dash move is also a good move. I avoid Whirlwind as it is to easy to trigger it and eats up Rage unnecessarily.

I do wish Ground Smash was easier to do though. It takes a LOT of practice to master it and I still sometimes botch the move... Its OP'd though. Same with Powerful Strikes. And Blade Master levels so fast it's insane.

18. Hey guys, Pocket RPG on iPad is now universal!

19. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #339 brerlappin, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    The faster loading time is incredible and makes for a much better experience.

20. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Hey, any word on the game crashing while trying to load Snake Brothers? After I've beaten the quest once it always freezes on my 2nd attempt through:(