iPhone Frozen Synapse (tactical turn based strategy game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Sounds like some of you would prefer they rush to meet some sort of unofficial deadline of a release date. How about you ease off a little and let them do their work. I'd rather play a complete, bug-free game that took a little longer rather than a bug-filled disaster port that was pushed out as quickly as possible. (Burnout Crash anyone?)

2. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I was also under the impression this was coming to iphone and ipod touch i.e. being universal.

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    No news on release date? Wasnt it supposed to be April ?

4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Jeez guys, be patient. They did not promise anything. You can follow the devs on twitter if you must, they post all kind of development details to ease your wait. They want this out as soon as possible, but they won't compromise the game's quality to release it with bugs (Gratuitous Space Battles, I'm pointing at you).

5. failchip

failchip Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I can't wait for this!! Anyone know when it's coming out? Will we be able to play against people on PCs too?

6. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ~3 weeks until beta.

7. MaryK

MaryK New Member

can't wait for this one i picked it up in either a steam sale or an indie bundle i can't remember but its a great game.

8. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    The developer posted a new gameplay video of their iPad port:

http://youtu.be/jY8bEZyQTVk

They posted on Facebook the iPad version will have cross-platform multiplayer. No word when it will be released.

9. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    That's cool. Although part of me wishes that multiplayer wasn't multi platform if it meant that the game supported asynchronous play over Game Center.

10. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Instabuy for me assuming the price is reasonable. Would love to get in on the closed beta for this.

11. Keithustus

Keithustus Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Impatiently waiting. Frozen Synapse has been my #1 reason to be excited about iPad gaming since it was released on PC, even. But as much as I love simultaneous turn games, I cannot for the life of me sit down at a computer and play FS. I need the lie on the couch ability of an iPad for that, so here's hoping they actually release sometime this year.

12. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    For everybody who said they'll buy an iPad just for this game. And for those who like me found themselves fortunate to already own an iPad when this game was announced to port 10 months ago.

Received an Email update on Frozen Synapse:

From Paul at Mode7Games

I believe I am a pending beta tester, and I will post on here when I beta test. I might even give a little video :)

13. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Awesome! I was afraid this one had died a quiet death. Glad to see it's still kicking. Looking forward to FS on whatever platform I can get it.

14. Keithustus

Keithustus Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Yea the closed beta is operating. I've got FS on my iPad 1 now...but haven't gotten a chance to try. You still might be able to sign up for the closed beta by signing up at testflightapp.com and poking around the Mode 7 (the devs) forums.

15. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    #36 astranberg, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Youtube video of me showing off my beta :)

http://youtu.be/3SnzrqqetPs

The mediocre video quality is due to uploading problems for the high quality. The iPad looks IDENTICAL to the PC version :)

16. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I absolutely love the soundtrack. Can you tell me the name of the artist?

17. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I'm glad you like it! The title is "Bomb" by Switchfoot. It was on their very first, album in 1997, The Legend of the Chin. They're still going and each of their 8 CDs sounds beautifully different. :)

18. CiroContinisio

CiroContinisio Well-Known Member

Woooohooooo, I want this game so much on the iPad!! Great choice to make a port!

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Waiting patiently with contained excitement...